- February 17, 2021The heart of the threat to American democracy.
- October 30, 2020
Democrats have learned this time that they need to compete hard here, to take advantage of demographic and voter sentiment changes (particularly in the suburbs) and win big in state legislatures, to either block unilateral Republican crafting of the maps or gain the power themselves.
- June 22, 2020
A little-known Republican group is ramping up millions of dollars in funding from major US corporations such as CitiGroup and Chevron to protect the conservative stronghold on the country.
- February 8, 2016The state's bizarrely shaped districts decrease the power of black voters.
- November 10, 2015Advocates see recent ballot initiative successes as a sign that Americans are ready for change at the state and local level, even as Congress remains deadlocked.
- November 2, 2015In Seattle, Ohio and Maine, voters are searching for the antidote to post-Citizens United politics.
- March 2, 2015Redistricting doesn’t always capture the public’s imagination, but you should care about this Supreme Court case and the problem of gerrymandering.
- August 4, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...