Eight months into this crisis, more people are filing for benefits every week than the worst week of the Great Recession. As of last week, 21 million workers are claiming meager unemployment benefits, without any federal enhancement.
- September 22, 2017Once a poster child for the opioid crisis, Portsmouth, Ohio, is fighting back. But some worry that one drug crisis will be replaced with another.
- June 20, 2017The group announced their resignation in a Newsweek editorial in which they noted that many Americans — including the president — don't realize the significant impact the disease still has in many communities.
- June 14, 2017Scott Pruitt's EPA walks back rule on pollutants from drilling operations.
- April 1, 2017Trump insists that environmental protection kills jobs. It doesn't.
- January 4, 2016A natural gas storage field continues to belch thousands of tons of methane into the air every week, causing health and climate concerns.
- January 9, 2015New research has found that fracking in Ohio caused 77 earthquakes over nine days in March, including one strong enough to be felt by humans.