- December 8, 2015
In recent years, there have been few places on television where a viewer could sit back and hear the ideas and beliefs of articulate, thoughtful artists, writers, philosophers and scientists. But such conversations, giving guests the time to express themselves thoroughly and at length, have been a hallmark of Bill Moyers’ television career. This collection is a representative sample of how Moyers has introduced audiences to many of the great minds of the 20th and ...
- June 30, 2006 | Faith and ReasonPhilosopher Colin McGinn talks with Bill Moyers about politics, religion and atheism.
- June 23, 1990 | A World of IdeasBill Moyers talks with the philosopher about his study of the role of money in our culture.
- February 11, 1990 | A World of IdeasPatricia Churchland brings together philosophy and neuroscience to deepen our understanding what goes on inside our heads.
- May 14, 1989 | A Second LookBill Moyers sits down with Mortimer Adler to discuss an array of topics, including: Aristotle, Marx, adult education and happiness and Adler's book, Aristotle for Everybody.
- November 16, 1988 | A World of IdeasA professor of philosophy and classics at Brown, Nussbaum discusses what it takes to lead a moral life (sometimes mostly luck), and what we can learn from the ancient Greeks on virtue and tragedy.