Regardless of who wins the presidency, courtroom battles seem almost certain. Here’s a layperson’s look at the states and laws that may determine the outcome.
- November 2, 2020A look around the country on election eve. This is The Election 2020 Daily Report for November 2, 2020
- May 15, 2020In Slay the Dragon, a new documentary from Participant Media, we learn how a secret Republican project called REDMAP redrew congressional districts and guaranteed victory.
- May 13, 2020New techniques in districting allow legislators to essentially pick their voters, instead of the other way around. And in 2010, Republicans in several states redrew maps that guaranteed victory.
- November 15, 2016The party of the working class is reaping the harvest of decades of neglect.
- October 6, 2016The Republican nominee is discovering that running on “the most anti-worker, anti-union platform of any party in the history of the United States” might turn off union members.