Trump has persistently minimized the seriousness of COVID-19 by falsely comparing it to the seasonal flu. Initially, he used the tactic to downplay the virus as it threatened the stock market. This denial and obfuscation squandered precious time, worsened the crisis, and may have cost a number of lives.
- June 21, 2016The NSA is receiving accessible information on our personal lives through technology we use daily.
- March 25, 2015Based on developments in our post-9/11 world, we could be watching the birth of a new American political system and way of governing for which, as yet, we have no name.
- March 2, 2015Laura Poitras' acclaimed Edward Snowden documentary is streaming right now.
- January 9, 2015They would think Washington has invented a system so dumb, so extreme and so fundamentalist that changing it will surely prove a stunningly difficult task.
- November 28, 2014Initially considered obsolete in the digital age, typewriters are experiencing a slow but noticeable resurgence.