- June 23, 2020
In April 1967, at New York City’s Riverside Church, Dr. King delivered a sermon that offered a profound diagnosis of the illnesses afflicting the nation. King summoned the nation to “undergo a radical revolution of values” that would transform the United States “from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society.” Only through such a revolution, he declared, would we be able to overcome “the giant triplets of racism, extreme materialism, and militarism.”
- September 2, 2014All sorts of painful new crowd control weapons could be coming soon to a protest near you.
- August 27, 2014By this point in the summer, a sane person could reasonably conclude that the world is going nuts.
- August 26, 2014That they're policing a country with more guns than any other doesn't excuse brutal policing, but it helps explain cops' mindset.
- August 19, 2014Keep up with the latest in this fast-moving story.
- August 13, 2014It's not just Ferguson -- the War on Terror has reshaped police departments across the country to look like invading armies.