- December 15, 2020A small-town voter drive reveals why only trusted family, friends and local leaders can boost turnout in the Senate runoffs.
- October 26, 2020
“If that defeat is to come, down-ballot races in 2020 are going to play an outsized role.”
- October 20, 2020
The attorney general and Justice Department can issue pro-Trump propaganda, but not reject or seize ballots, nor interrupt the locally run election process.
- September 21, 2020A California Voter Foundation study identifies the causes behind the highest ballot rejection rates of any age group as states start sending out millions of fall ballots.
- August 25, 2017The 36-year-old city attorney is proposing debt-free community college and reinvestment in black neighborhoods.
- April 18, 2017Chokwe Antar Lumumba hopes to continue the work started by his late father, former Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba, who died while in office.
- June 13, 2016A new book offers some pointers on taking the Vermont senator's revolution to the local level.
- February 17, 2015A city council member from Richmond, California, tells how she and her allies took on big corporate money -- and won.