- December 6, 2015
Whatever bipartisanship that once existed between the Democratic and Republican parties has, for now at least, all but vanished – the victim of extremist rhetoric from the right and a gerrymandering of representation that has created few places where there’s any real competition between the two parties. Yet it’s crucial that we understand both conservative and liberal ideologies if there’s to be any hope of cooperation or progress. We have tried to give exposure to ...
- February 25, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyHave America’s liberals hoisted the white flag of surrender? A provocative conversation with political observer Adolph Reed Jr. Share your thoughts.
- January 22, 2013In this Moyers Moment from 2012, the social psychologist describes the general moral leanings of liberals and conservatives.
- January 10, 2013If an asteroid were headed for Earth, we'd all band together and figure out how to stop it, just like in the movies, right?
- September 7, 2012Senator Bernie Sanders, a self-described Scandinavian-style socialist, says the president's record proves he's not one.
- June 1, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyBill talks with social psychologist Jonathan Haidt about the moral underpinnings of our contentious culture.
- May 29, 2012See how the provocative moral psychologist answered viewer questions about the moral differences between liberals and conservatives.
- April 20, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyWriter Eric Alterman argues that liberals have overpromised, underperformed, and need to regain their "fighting spirit".
- April 20, 2012 | Moyers & CompanyTwo popular political writers share how American liberalism and Christianity have gone off the rails -- and the implications for American democracy.