The Republicans attacked the Democratic National Convention as negative and dark, and promised that they would share an optimistic, uplifting vision of America. Instead, the Republicans presented a dark fantasy vision of a hellscape where Democrats want to turn America into a war zone.
- August 8, 2020
America’s top news continues to touch on the upcoming election. The Friday night news dump was about the United States Postal Service. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a Trump loyalist, has recently created new rules for the agency that have dramatically slowed the delivery of mail just as mail-in voting for 2020 has begun. Today, DeJoy overhauled the USPS, releasing a new organizational chart that displaces postal executives with decades of experience and concentrates power in DeJoy ...
- September 15, 2015On Monday, Sanders went to a pillar of the religious right – Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va. – to make the case that fighting for economic justice is a moral undertaking.
- August 31, 2012Watch classic clips from Bill's past reporting on the influence of conservative Christians in American Politics
- August 31, 2012Watch the GOP platform grow from 1972 -- when the party platform didn't contain one reference to God -- to today.
- January 3, 2003 | Updated March 20, 2015 | NOWIf human history is replete with people committing atrocities against one another in the name of God, is our democracy strong enough to remedy these tendencies?
- October 5, 1988 | A World of IdeasThe liberal religious leader talks about why even the faithful should cultivate doubts, how to question our virtues, and what we'd learn from an evening with Jerry Falwell.
- August 21, 1985 | Bill Moyers CommentariesBill Moyers reflects on Jerry Falwell's criticism of the Nobel Peace prize-winning Archbishop Desmond Tutu.