The tone of the 2020 ODIHR report reflects far more alarm than in 2016, and notes that only some of its recommendations for improvements in the US electoral system have been acted on.
- December 5, 2017Union women, too, can demand that their organizations lead the nation’s response on sexual harassment; after all, more than half of the nation’s union members will soon be women.
- September 20, 2017Extreme storms make the case that climate change is not only a threat to our environment, but also a threat to the human rights of many poor and marginalized people around the world.
- February 9, 2017A conversation with a customs agent reveals something personal about the tenor of these dark times.
- November 21, 2016Under Obama, DOJ was set to phase out private detention centers. After Trump's victory, prison corporation stocks skyrocketed.
- May 27, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- May 30, 2012According to The New York Times "scores" of terror suspects have been killed by drones during Obama's presidency.