Democrats have learned this time that they need to compete hard here, to take advantage of demographic and voter sentiment changes (particularly in the suburbs) and win big in state legislatures, to either block unilateral Republican crafting of the maps or gain the power themselves.
- November 30, 2017Thirty-eight percent of the country won’t get a noticeable tax break when the cuts kick in.
- June 27, 2017Under federal law, state Medicaid programs are required to cover nursing home care. Little has been said about what would happen to older Americans in nursing homes if these cuts took effect.
- June 26, 2017"People will die if this bill becomes law, but that doesn't seem to trouble the Republicans' conscience."
- May 10, 2017A majority of Americans approve of the Affordable Care Act and would like to see a health-care-for-all system. A medical doctor says its time for citizens to fight back and end our collective suffering.
- March 20, 2017This Republican health care bill would actually kill people who need help most.