To deliver on his promises of “getting climate under control,” Biden will need to follow the prevailing science that suggests the United States achieve about a 45 percent reduction in its greenhouse gas pollution by 2030.
- August 7, 2020Here's how philanthropy can lead the way.
- September 11, 2017Hurricane Harvey has upended lives and left enormous property damage — and raises deep questions about America’s economic system and politics.
- February 16, 2017For marginalized communities along the California-Mexico border, projects to gather and share scientific reports are crucial to holding agencies accountable.
- December 16, 2016Trump's fondness for an America that resembles the one he grew up in — replete with smokestacks and smog — will send the world over the climate cliff.
- June 17, 2016Greenhouse gas emissions have "changed our planet to the very poles," researchers say in announcing the milestone reading.
- October 27, 2014Dire warnings about sky-high electricity bills haven't come true.
- October 8, 2014EPA data shows that some states create far more emissions than others, and a handful of energy-generating states bear the negative effects of our fossil fuel-dependent economy.
- August 8, 2014If the Arctic starts releasing trapped methane, the Earth and its inhabitants are in trouble. But scientists are undecided on whether that process has started.