- March 13, 2017Whatever happened to the separation of powers?
- August 5, 2015
As Bill Moyers often has said, "News is what people want to keep hidden. Everything else is publicity." Throughout his journalism career, Bill and his team have investigated how all too often our government has tried to conceal its most dubious and even illegal actions behind an obfuscating fogbank of bureaucracy, diversion, prevarication and secrecy. Whatever you think our officials are doing, they’re usually doing something worse. From the Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961 ...
- April 30, 2015At the recent Populism2015 conference, organizers and activists from around the country gathered for inspiration and to adopt an action agenda for the future.
- January 12, 2015A former White House administrator says proposed rules are often changed and improved based on citizens' comments.
- December 22, 2014As 2014 draws to a close, we asked editors, journalists and friends of BillMoyers.com: What story didn't get the attention it deserved this year?
- October 27, 2014In recent years, the phrase “American exceptionalism,” at once resonant and ambiguous, has stolen into popular usage in electoral politics with a profligacy that is hard to account for.
- June 10, 2014In the new issue of The Washington Monthly, Paul Glastris and Haley Sweetland Edwards look at how Republicans have given Congress a "self-lobotomy."