"Democracy was dying of too many lies long before this murder," Moyers tells Amanpour. "Unless we see the truth and act on it, we are going to run out of oxygen."
- August 16, 2017How the Trump election commission could corrode our civil rights from within.
- February 20, 2015On the 50th anniversary of "Bloody Sunday," activists gathered in Marion, Alabama, to honor and commemorate those who died fighting for equality and justice.
- July 10, 2014We must remember the courage of the people of Mississippi and other Jim Crow states and that the civil rights movement was an endeavor of white and black bonding.
- July 2, 2014Before embracing divisive politics, the Republicans had been closely aligned with the cause of civil rights and had been supporters of equal justice.
- January 18, 2008 | Bill Moyers JournalAs an aide to Lyndon Johnson, Bill was a witness to the cooperation between Martin Luther King, Jr., and the president that lead to the Act's passage.