Fossil fuel giant BP announced Monday it will write down nearly $18 billion in existing assets, a move that climate advocates say is more evidence that the industry is undergoing a massive shift that will leave oil and gas reserves less and less valuable as the world pivots to more planet-friendly and financially-viable sources of energy.
- February 9, 2015Corporate interests pumped more than $200 million into initiative fights.
- January 8, 2015Explore The Guardian's interactive visualization of the guiltiest parties.
- March 31, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- December 3, 2013A roundup of some of the stories we're reading this morning at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 18, 2013A roundup of some of what we're reading this morning at Moyers & Company HQ.
- August 24, 2013BP responds to our post about its resistance to spend more on cleaning their oil spill -- and illustrates yet another revolving door in action.
- August 21, 2013After paying out $42.4 billion for the Gulf Coast disaster cleanup, the petroleum giant is fighting back.