Advocacy organizations have sued the Trump administration to stop a 16-year-old boy from being summarily sent back to Honduras after he crossed into the U.S. last week to join his father. It’s the first challenge to the Trump administration’s policy of mass expulsions of border-crossers, under which nearly 45,000 migrants — including 2,000 children — have been pushed out of the U.S.
- August 30, 2017As a constitutional lawyer, I fully support the First Amendment. But as a black person, I’m conflicted when it comes to defending hate.
- August 22, 2017With an average of two chapters in every congressional district, Indivisible has become a force to be reckoned with – and Congress is taking notice.
- August 10, 2017Lawyer calls this “a court-approved shakedown.”
- June 7, 2017Lacking even the veneer of bipartisanship, the Kobach Commission represents an assault on basic voting rights.
- May 19, 2017By temperament and experience, Mueller represents an antidote to the Trump administration’s defiant stance against the laws of the land.
- February 9, 2017A conversation with a customs agent reveals something personal about the tenor of these dark times.