ALL POSTS BY Peter Dreier
- July 18, 2016Attacking inequality means both raising wages at the bottom and doing away with outsized compensation at the top.
- May 21, 2015The movement toward a living wage is quickly gaining public sympathy and support.
- May 7, 2015Long deployed by the right as an epithet, this form of left-wing populism is as American as apple pie.
- December 12, 2014Protests against racist injustice — triggered by the failure of the criminal justice system to indict the killers of Michael Brown and Eric Garner — has propelled Obama to recall his community organizing roots.
- December 8, 2014Activists are transforming outrage into community organizing projects, voter registration drives and mass protest campaigns.
- November 28, 2014Organizers say that at more than 1,600 Wal-Mart stores, shoppers on Black Friday will be greeted by employees protesting the company's abusive labor practices.
- November 5, 2014The Republican wave of election victories was more about changing the rules of democracy to favor big business and conservative interest groups, than a reflection of the American people's opinions.
- August 27, 2014The soul-searching that the country is going through in the wake of the turmoil in Ferguson, Missouri, echoes that of our past.
- June 26, 2014There is precedent for presidential action to improve workers' rights.