Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?
Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?A Republican-controlled Senate could not only threaten the EPA, it could also reverse the environmental gains we've recently made.
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-Trade
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-TradeDire warnings about sky-high electricity bills haven't come true.
The Importance of Being Exceptional
The Importance of Being ExceptionalIn recent years, the phrase “American exceptionalism,” at once resonant and ambiguous, has stolen into popular usage in electoral politics with a profligacy that is hard to account for.
The Fight — and the Right — to Vote
The Fight — and the Right — to VoteTwo experts on American elections talk to Bill about the plot to keep citizens away from the ballot box.
- Sarita Gupta | TalkPovery.org | August 6, 2014In the debate about poverty and rising economic inequality, we need to think beyond the minimum wage.
- Tim Murphy | Mother Jones | August 6, 2014Kansas Republican Tim Huelskamp, a leader of the debt ceiling showdown, takes friendly fire.
- Morning Reads: US Terror Watch List Is "Out of Control"; Ominous Methane "Plumes" Discovered in Arctic OceanAugust 6, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Joshua Holland | August 5, 2014A secular organization settled its lawsuit against the IRS for not enforcing the law, but the fight will likely continue.
- Lee Fang | Republic Report | August 5, 2014The order to delete the article came from NewsOne's parent company, a business partner to Comcast. The reason? They didn't like what it said.
- August 5, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- August 4, 2014Much of ALEC’s agenda for its latest meeting returned to a focus on promoting the extraction and production of fossil fuels while putting up roadblocks for renewable energy initiatives where it can.