Why College Isn’t for Everyone
Why College Isn’t for EveryoneIt’s time to give up the idea that every young person has to go to college, and start offering high-school seniors an alternative route into the middle class.
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- Joshua Holland | December 30, 2014We look ahead at what's likely to come as Republicans take control of the Senate.
- Dave Zirin | The Nation | December 30, 2014This year will be remembered as a turning point, when those in charge of the multibillion-dollar athletic-industrial complex saw their control over the levers of power slip in a decisive fashion.
- December 30, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Robert A. Williams, Jr. | Special to BillMoyers.com | December 29, 2014"It’s simply no longer fashionable to use the racist language of savagery to describe, imagine and stereotype Native American peoples as different and alien from the rest of us here in America."
- December 29, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | December 28, 2014Our timeline shows how modern concepts of American Indian rights continue to stem from outdated models of thought.
- BillMoyers.com Staff | December 27, 2014The 85-year-old sci-fi writer gave a stunner speech at the National Book Awards last month about the problem with capitalism and the power of imagination and great literature.