Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Clash
Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture ClashThe Fed is supposed to monitor big banks. But one new hire was so alarmed by what she witnessed she secretly recorded conversations.
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on Voting
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on VotingEighty-seven-year-old Ruthelle Franks speaks out about being disenfranchised by Wisconsin's voter ID law.
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning Less
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning LessMiddle-class incomes have been stuck in neutral while the rest of the economy has grown.
Record for Midterm Dark Money Broken
Record for Midterm Dark Money BrokenIt's the most "independent" money spent in any election other than the 2012 presidential race.
- July 7, 2014The Washington Post published another eye-opening story on NSA snooping over the holiday weekend.
- July 7, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Jill Lepore | July 4, 2014Historian Jill Lepore says that the debates of 240 years ago offer no insight into those of today.
- This July 4, cherish the words of the Declaration but also summon Thomas Paine's spirit to remind yourself that we can, if we really care, pick up the broken thread of democratic zeal. An essay by Bill Moyers and Bernie Weisberger.
- Patrick Caldwell | Mother Jones | July 3, 2014Conservatives on the court tried to write a limited decision striking down Obamacare's birth control mandate. But the logic behind their decision opens the door to future lawsuits.
- July 3, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- John Nichols | The Nation | July 2, 2014Before embracing divisive politics, the Republicans had been closely aligned with the cause of civil rights and had been supporters of equal justice.