Triple Play: Sports, Politics & Greed
Triple Play: Sports, Politics & GreedDave Zirin offers a unique and provocative voice in the world of sports journalism showing how inextricably linked sports and politics are in our lives.
The Middle Class Can’t Be Saved Until Wall St Is Tamed
The Middle Class Can’t Be Saved Until Wall St Is TamedYet presidential aspirants won't talk about taming Wall Street because they need its campaign money.
Mothers Struggling With Poverty Share Their Photos
Mothers Struggling With Poverty Share Their PhotosTo show the reality of hunger, mothers participating in the Witness to Hunger program photograph their daily experiences living in poverty.
The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass Extinction
The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass ExtinctionBetween over-fishing and habitat destruction, the oceans may be on the brink of their own extinction catastrophe.
- Russ Choma | Open Secrets | November 6, 2014The real story was that such a large chunk of the cost was paid for by a small group of ultra-wealthy donors using outside groups to bury voters with an avalanche of spending.
- Rachel Cohen | The American Prospect | November 6, 2014On Tuesday, the Democrats' economic agenda fared better than Democrats.
- Anastasia Pantsios | EcoWatch | November 5, 2014Climate deniers won a slew of races across the country, fueled by big spending from fossil fuel interests such as the Koch brothers.
- Lee Fang | Republic Report | November 5, 2014GOP donors plowed cash into state legislative efforts in 2010 for the very purpose of redrawing congressional lines -- and it paid off.
- Wendy R. Weiser | Brennan Center for Justice | November 5, 2014A quick look at the numbers shows that in several key races the margin of victory came very close to the likely margin of disenfranchisement.