John Lewis Marches On
John Lewis Marches OnFifty years ago, Rep. John Lewis looked on as President Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act. In this video, he reflects on how the March on Washington led to key civil rights laws.
"Everyone Should Be Entitled to Medicare"
"Everyone Should Be Entitled to Medicare"In this 2012 essay, Bill recalls his days with LBJ as they prepared to sell Medicare to Congress. This month marks the 50th anniversary of the signing of the bill.
The Problem with Genetically Modified Seeds
The Problem with Genetically Modified SeedsVandana Shiva describes the latest battleground in the war on Planet Earth.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
- Dan Vicuña | Common Cause | March 2, 2015Redistricting doesn’t always capture the public’s imagination, but you should care about this Supreme Court case and the problem of gerrymandering.
- Ari Berman | The Nation | March 2, 2015The Nation's Ari Berman writes that racism, segregation and inequality persist in this civil-rights battleground.
- March 2, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Zephyr Teachout | Special to BillMoyers.com | March 1, 2015Publicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 28, 2015"If we're going to keep electing judges, we may have to alter our idea of what justice is."
- John Pudner | Take Back Our Republic | February 27, 2015Many conservative reformers aren't worried about the amount of money in politics, but that too few Americans are participating.
- February 27, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...