The Fight - and the Right - to Vote
The Fight - and the Right - to VoteTwo experts on American elections talk to Bill about the plot to keep citizens away from the ballot box.
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID Decision
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID DecisionWith the Supreme Court's latest ruling, Texans' civil liberties are once again under attack.
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in Democracy
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in DemocracyPulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson talks to Bill about what the title character of her new book Lila, says about the state of democracy in America.
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of Spying
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of SpyingAn interview with Laura Poitras on her latest film, Citizenfour, a journey to the revelation of government mass surveillance and the Snowden era.
- Liz Kennedy | Demos | October 20, 2014When the Supreme Court fails to protect our elections from partisan and racially motivated manipulation, the burden may fall disproportionately on some, but we will all pay.
- October 20, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Marilynne Robinson | Special to BillMoyers.com | October 19, 2014Read an excerpt from Marilynne Robinson's award-winning book of essays.
- Katie Rose Quandt and Andy Kroll | Mother Jones | October 18, 2014There may be no Washington lawmaker cozier with K Street than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- October 17, 2014In this clip, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson tells Bill that as a society -- and that includes politicians -- we are stooping way too low in the way we treat and speak to one another.