How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
The Awesome Life of an American Congressman
The Awesome Life of an American CongressmanAaron Schock's spending habits say everything about how money is raised and squandered in Washington.
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can Tackle
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can TackleRising inequality is no more natural than global warming. And just like climate change, it becomes increasingly self-reinforcing, because economic power begets political power.
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- Elaine Weiss | Broader Bolder Approach to Education | January 26, 2015For the first time in at least 50 years, low income students are now a majority of the schoolchildren attending the nation’s public schools.
- Joel Berg | NYC Coalition Against Hunger | January 26, 2015For our kids to be well read, they must first be well fed.
- Jim Naureckas | FAIR Blog | January 26, 2015You don't learn too much else about Joni Ernst, picked to rebut the State of the Union address, from media profiles — nor do you get the impression that corporate media think you need to know much.
- Sam Pizzigati | Campaign for America's Future | January 26, 2015The report, which could be the "first draft" of an agenda for Hilary Clinton's presidential campaign, lets Wall Street off the hook.
- January 26, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers | Special to BillMoyers.com | January 25, 2015CIW's Fair Food Program has transformed Florida’s $650 million tomato industry. Now in its fourth season, it is poised to expand to new crops and new states.
- Kevin Prindiville | National Senior Citizens Law Center | January 24, 2015The government health care programs turn 50 this year. One advocate argues that rising health care costs mean that strengthening and improving them is more important than ever.
- Sister Simone Campbell | NETWORK Lobby | January 23, 2015A key factor in addressing poverty is raising the minimum wage. A just wages allow workers and their families to live in dignity.