The Left Matters – Now, More Than Ever
The Left Matters – Now, More Than EverClearly, the left matters. Why, then, is it so difficult for progressives to get a seat at the table?
Trying to Survive in a Broken Economy
Trying to Survive in a Broken EconomyThey say in America if you work hard you will make it, but this man's story proves that what America needs is to increase the minimum wage.
The Political Roots of Widening Inequality
The Political Roots of Widening InequalityThe key to understanding the rise in inequality isn’t technology or globalization. It’s the power of the moneyed interests to shape the underlying rules of the market.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About Ricardo
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About RicardoThe TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
- Jenna McLaughlin | Mother Jones | March 26, 2015Congress has routinely purchased new federal lands over the last 20 years while neglecting to fund the maintenance of existing national parks.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | March 26, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | March 25, 2015Based on developments in our post-9/11 world, we could be watching the birth of a new American political system and way of governing for which, as yet, we have no name.
- ADAM SMITH | EVERY VOICE | March 25, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 24, 2015Disenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
- Peter Olsen-Phillips | Sunlight Foundation | March 24, 2015Lawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.