Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Lynn Parramore | Institute for New Economic Thinking | February 13, 2015Instead of doing massive stock buybacks, high-tech companies should “think different” about innovation by helping our society confront the major issues of our times, says researcher William Lazonick.
- February 13, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Sarita Gupta | The American Prospect | February 12, 2015When workers' power is diminished and people’s voices are shut out of the workplace, job quality and job standards suffer.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 12, 2015The current “not my child” anti-vax mindset of some parents couldn’t be further from the national effort of coming together to fight diseases in the mid-20th century.
- Wendell Potter | Center for Public Integrity | February 12, 2015Republicans' Patient CARE Act would eliminate parts of the law that protect Americans from insurance companies.
- February 12, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...