Bernie Sanders on Breaking Big Money’s Grip on Elections
Bernie Sanders on Breaking Big Money’s Grip on ElectionsThe only independent member of the US Senate tells Bill big money’s purchase of political power is a grave threat, and shares his plan to put government back in voters' control.
David Simon: America Is a "Horror Show"
David Simon: America Is a "Horror Show"Journalist and creator of the TV series The Wire talks about the crisis of capitalism in America and how it's dividing our country.
Fast-Track: A Gut-Kick to the Progressive Movement
Fast-Track: A Gut-Kick to the Progressive MovementThe administration's push to ram massive new trade and investment deals through Congress is an unambiguous concession to corporate power.
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for Millennials
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for MillennialsCongress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
- George Goehl, Ana María Achila and Fred Azcarate | Common Dreams | March 18, 2015Ideologues in state capitols are wasting little time when it comes to enacting an extreme agenda, but local activists are pushing back.
- March 18, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Gar Alperovitz | Nonprofit Quarterly | March 17, 2015The crisis of inequality represents a tragic and painful failure of the old system and the old politics, but it's also an opportunity to create something new.
- Gareth Porter | Middle East Eye | March 17, 2015The truth is the enforcers of Likudist policy on Iran used an ambitious young Republican politician to try to provoke a breakdown in the Iran nuclear negotiations.
- March 17, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Kevin Johnson and Kevin G. Hall | Sunshine Week | March 16, 2015Newspapers were once the dominant force in dislodging documents and other records from reluctant federal government agencies, but a new crop of media players, advocacy groups and corporate interests now drive the release of information.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign of America's Future | March 13, 2015Who and what is behind a newly launched campaign supporting TPP called "the Progressive Coalition for American Jobs"?