How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
The Awesome Life of an American Congressman
The Awesome Life of an American CongressmanAaron Schock's spending habits say everything about how money is raised and squandered in Washington.
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can Tackle
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can TackleRising inequality is no more natural than global warming. And just like climate change, it becomes increasingly self-reinforcing, because economic power begets political power.
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- LeeAnn Hall | TalkPoverty | February 2, 2015And those at greatest risk of losing coverage are women and people of color.
- February 2, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Rachel Cohen | The American Prospect | January 31, 2015The new approach may spring from good intentions, but is undermined by a lack of affordable housing stock.
- Lonnie Powers | TalkPoverty | January 31, 2015Advocates argue that to continue progress, civil legal aid must be deployed more broadly in future efforts to combat poverty.
- Jeremy Haile | The Sentencing Project | January 30, 2015Continuing to punish people after they have served time, as some states do, can be counterproductive to building safe and healthy communities.