Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Daniel Schulman | Mother Jones | February 23, 2015How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- Gary Cohn | Main & Capital | February 23, 2015It all started when corporate America decided to stop funding research and development, and instead increase profits through stock buy-back schemes.
- Charlotte Hill | Represent.Us | February 23, 2015Fighting the corruption of money in politics one state -- and even one city -- at a time may be the most effective path to reform.
- February 23, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Liz Essley Whyte | The Center for Public Integrity | February 22, 2015New bills proposed in four states are seen as a way to limit the influence of money in politics.
- Alicia Bannon | Brennan Center for Justice | February 22, 2015An upcoming Supreme Court decision could allow judges to ask for contributions, putting justice up for sale.
- February 21, 2015Discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | February 21, 2015Today's global corporate agreements enhance corporate and financial profits while pushing down wages.