Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Morning Reads: Jeb's Juggernaut, Celebrities for Hillary, 'The Onion' Perfectly Describes Super PACsAdam Smith | Every Voice | May 8, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Peter Dreier | The American Prospect | May 7, 2015Long deployed by the right as an epithet, this form of left-wing populism is as American as apple pie.
- Michael Gould-Wartofsky | TomDispatch | May 7, 2015From black sites to Bearcats, sound cannons to stink bombs, drones to data mining, the components of a new police counterinsurgency program are being assembled with remarkable speed.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 7, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Richard Long | Campaign for America's Future | May 6, 2015Until we take measures to attack the problem head-on, student debt will continue to drag on the American economy. We cannot stand for that.
- Morning Reads: Huckabee May Have Jokingly Violated Campaign Finance Law, New York is the Tops (in Corruption)May 6, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…