Greed Dies Hard in a Poisoned Land
Greed Dies Hard in a Poisoned LandWe are killing ourselves with coal, with chemicals, with carelessness and with greed, writes William Rivers Pitt.
Trump is Global Journalism’s American Junk Food
Trump is Global Journalism’s American Junk FoodTrump is an easy target, and, more importantly, he’s profitable clickbait. But Trump is also a diversion from a deeper, uncomfortable discussion about what ails both the US and Europe.
Capitalism and Climate Change
Capitalism and Climate ChangeThe Shock Doctrine author Naomi Klein joins Bill to discuss hurricanes, climate change and democracy.
Hurricane Katrina and Bernie Sanders: From Neoliberal Disaster to 'Political Revolution'
Hurricane Katrina and Bernie Sanders: From Neoliberal Disaster to 'Political Revolution'There is only one presidential candidate who has consistently fought for the kinds of policies that New Orleans so desperately required prior to and during Katrina, and that it needs now more than ever.
- Ruth Conniff | The Progressive | June 24, 2015Communities — from urban, mostly black and brown districts, to conservative, rural areas — are rising up against budget cuts and the threat of school closures.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 24, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Deirdre Fulton | Common Dreams | June 23, 2015The Senate is taking up trade legislation today, but labor federation warns: "Fast Track has gotten even worse since the House got its hands on it."
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 23, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | June 22, 2015There were over 30,000 deaths by firearm in the United States in 2013 alone.
- This treaty can be worked out by debate and compromise. But not if the fix is in -- not if Boehner, McConnell and Obama put a fast one over on us.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 22, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Sister Simone Campbell | NETWORK | June 20, 2015Sister Simone Campbell reflects on the pope's call for all of us, especially those in power, to find bold, integrative solutions to all of these injustices.
- Dave Zirin | The Nation | June 19, 2015The more you read about the church, the more awe you feel for its historic resilience amidst white-supremacist terror.