The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass Extinction
The Oceans Are on the Verge of Mass ExtinctionBetween over-fishing and habitat destruction, the oceans may be on the brink of their own extinction catastrophe.
Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...
Not So Fast, Net Neutrality...With support for an open Internet stronger than ever, Congress tries to block with legislation.
Over Half of P.S. Students Are From Low Income Families
Over Half of P.S. Students Are From Low Income FamiliesFor the first time in at least 50 years, low income students are now a majority of the schoolchildren attending the nation’s public schools.
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed Politics
12 Ways 'Citizens United' Changed PoliticsThe increased role of money in politics is reshaping our political landscape. Here's how.
- Karin Kamp | January 7, 2015The White House says the president will veto the controversial pipeline. But could pressure from Big Oil lead him to change his mind?
- Michael Winship | January 6, 2015As the new Congress convenes, deep-pocketed campaign donors have their wish lists ready.
- January 6, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Theodoric Meyer | ProPublica | January 5, 2015The IRS faces a number of hurdles before its new regulations for social welfare nonprofits can be finalized, including potential opposition from Congress.
- Economic Policy Institute | January 5, 2015These charts show why addressing inequality and spurring wage growth is so necessary – and so doable. Policy choices led to these trends, and different policy choices can reverse them.
- John Nichols | The Nation | January 2, 2015When other Democrats supported state executions, Cuomo made a forceful moral argument against it.