Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 24, 2015The best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy. This week: Hillary Clinton tackles Silicon Valley and John Oliver tackles judicial elections.
- Paul S. Ryan | Campaign Legal Center | February 24, 2015Hard to believe another presidential race has begun, but prospective candidates are wasting no time in pursuit of campaign funding loopholes.
- Jacob Hacker and Paul Pierson | Special to Billmoyers.com | February 24, 2015Rising inequality is no more natural than global warming. And just like climate change, it becomes increasingly self-reinforcing, because economic power begets political power.
- February 24, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Richard Eskow | Campaign for America's Future | February 24, 2015A nation that prides itself on being the land of opportunity is closing the avenues of financial advancement for an entire generation.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 23, 2015The "Glory" musicians and other Academy Award winners used the pedestal to promote social justice.
- Daniel Schulman | Mother Jones | February 23, 2015How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- Gary Cohn | Main & Capital | February 23, 2015It all started when corporate America decided to stop funding research and development, and instead increase profits through stock buy-back schemes.
- Charlotte Hill | Represent.Us | February 23, 2015Fighting the corruption of money in politics one state -- and even one city -- at a time may be the most effective path to reform.