Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for Millennials
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for MillennialsCongress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
The Renewable Revolution
The Renewable RevolutionFour reasons why the transition from fossil fuels to a green energy era is gaining traction.
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”The senator may not be running for president, but, as George Zornick noted this week in The Nation the speech she gave last Wednesday would likely be her agenda if she was.
A Radical Agenda for Hillary Clinton
A Radical Agenda for Hillary ClintonThe US and the world really have entered a new, uncharted era that demands great transformations, not just incremental changes.
- Wendell Potter | Center for Public Integrity | March 12, 2015If the Supreme Court rules in favor of the plaintiffs in 'King v. Burwell,' nowhere will the effect be more stark than along the 400-mile border between two states, Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Russ Choma and Douglas H. Weber | Center for Responsive Politics | March 12, 2015The race to make amends with the newcomer is a mad dash down K Street, and recent campaign disclosures show some striking turnabouts by big-league PACs.
- March 12, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Carla Murphy | Colorlines | March 11, 2015The host of Last Week Tonight explains why the citizens of the American territories like Puerto Rico and American Samoa aren't allowed to vote.
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 11, 2015Find out how the National Institute on Money in State Politics organizes and distributes millions of political finance records -- and how you can use that data to track the money in your state.
- Andrew Bacevich | TomDispatch | March 11, 2015Historian Andrew Bacevich writes that academics "presuming to instruct the mere mortals who actually run for office are a blight on the republic."
- March 11, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 10, 2015A weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- David Moberg | In These Times | March 10, 2015“This legislation not only demonizes working people — union and non-union alike — it will hit everyone in the pocketbook with lower wages and an economy that’s thrown out of balance.”
- Mark Karlin | Truthout | March 10, 2015Democracy still exists in the US from a technical standpoint. But in practice, the wealthy and the ruling elite use corporate mass media to embed a specific worldview in voters.