Don’t Let Them Silence You: Vote, Dammit.
Don’t Let Them Silence You: Vote, Dammit.Casting a ballot is democracy's most cherished act. Never let yours be denied. An essay by Bill Moyers and Michael Winship.
Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?
Climate-Change Deniers in Charge?A Republican-controlled Senate could not only threaten the EPA, it could also reverse the environmental gains we've recently made.
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-Trade
Californians Get Free Electricity From Cap-and-TradeDire warnings about sky-high electricity bills haven't come true.
The Importance of Being Exceptional
The Importance of Being ExceptionalIn recent years, the phrase “American exceptionalism,” at once resonant and ambiguous, has stolen into popular usage in electoral politics with a profligacy that is hard to account for.
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | October 3, 2014The median white family holds nearly 20 times more assets than he median black family and 74 times more assets than the median Hispanic family.
- Rebecca Vallas and Melissa Boteach | Talk Poverty | October 3, 2014It is not only possible for America to cut poverty, it is possible for us to cut poverty dramatically.
- October 3, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 3, 2014In a recent trial, a jury in Sacramento was convinced that “executives intended to make fraudulent loans.”
- John Light | October 2, 2014The same voter ID laws and limits on early voting that debuted in 2012 are back.
- Molly Redden | Mother Jones | October 2, 2014After Ferguson, many towns are trying to return military gear supplied by the Defense Department — and finding it impossible.