Why Big Sports Stadiums Stir Up Controversy
Citizens, journalists and policymakers tell us why controversial new sports stadiums in their own communities are making some cheer and others jeer.
- August 20, 2013 | Group ThinkHow far have we come since 1963 -- and what remains to be done? Seven scholars and thinkers weigh in.
- August 16, 2013 | Group ThinkIn this Group Think, five activists share organizing tactics they use to produce results, not just rhetoric.
- June 25, 2013 | Group ThinkEditors, scholars and activists tackle the question: What does the Supreme Court's decision in Shelby County v. Holder mean for democracy?
- June 13, 2013 | Group ThinkIn our latest Group Think, experts suggest ways to address the crushing financial burden on American students.
- February 26, 2013 | Group ThinkWriters, sociologists, and feminists weigh in on the state of women's rights and satisfaction 50 years after the publication of The Feminine Mystique.
- February 8, 2013 | Group ThinkIn this Group Think, we asked writers, activists and academics to write parts of President Obama's speech. See what they drafted.
- January 16, 2013 | Group ThinkIn this Group Think, experts suggest factors that both contribute to and curb gun violence in America's inner cities.
- December 19, 2012 | Group ThinkWhat important events of 2012 didn't get the attention they deserved in mass media?
- December 11, 2012 | Group ThinkMedia experts weigh in on the FCC's consideration to end a longstanding ban on companies jointly owning multiple media outlets in the nation's top 20 markets.
- November 16, 2012 | Group ThinkThe fiscal cliff negotiations and the so-called grand bargain are worrying lawmakers, markets and taxpayers. Does the fiscal cliff have to be a nightmare scenario? What outcome would you like to see?