ALL POSTS BY Tom Engelhardt
- June 22, 2014More than two trillion dollars later — without figuring in post-war costs still to come — Iraq is a catastrophe. And the cost of the war for Iraqis is beyond calculation.
- June 12, 2014No matter how often you cite the use of military force to “stabilize” or “protect” or “liberate” countries or regions, it is a destabilizing force.
- May 23, 2014Climate change is a WMD on a particularly long fuse, already lit and there for any of us to see.
- March 4, 2014An imperial era is on the wane, war is in absentia and there are no rising great power contenders on the horizon. That’s a remarkable scorecard in an otherwise appalling world.
- December 9, 2013In another sign of over-policing throughout our society, many law enforcement departments are stocking up on surplus military tanks, grenade launchers and assault rifles.
- October 31, 2013With friends like US, who needs enemies? The US "now resembles a rogue superpower to an increasingly resistant and restless world."
- September 27, 2013The well-deserved bragging rights to American exceptionalism are no small matter in this country. So here are eight exceptional(ly dumb) American achievements of the 21st century.
- October 29, 2012Tom Englehardt looks at the political landscape and asks: How big can one election get?