Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog Whistle
Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog WhistleWhy are so few decrying the racial elements in today’s scare tactics?
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow Parties
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow PartiesA roundup of this week's news from our Wild West campaign finance system.
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'A new study shows that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour wouldn't only lift millions out of poverty.
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government Money
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government MoneyWhat justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- Renee Moore and Elaine Weiss | October 20, 2014A teacher writes that in her state, they have not “abandoned” the mission of Brown v. Board of Education, they never fully committed to it.
- October 20, 2014"The greatest threat to public confidence in elections," Ginsburg concluded, would result from "enforcing a purposefully discriminatory law."
- Liz Kennedy | Demos | October 20, 2014When the Supreme Court fails to protect our elections from partisan and racially motivated manipulation, the burden may fall disproportionately on some, but we will all pay.
- October 20, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Marilynne Robinson | Special to BillMoyers.com | October 19, 2014Read an excerpt from Marilynne Robinson's award-winning book of essays.
- Katie Rose Quandt and Andy Kroll | Mother Jones | October 18, 2014There may be no Washington lawmaker cozier with K Street than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.