Joseph E. Stiglitz says corporate abuse of our tax system has helped make America unequal and undemocratic. But the Nobel Prize-winning economist has a plan to change that.
- September 1, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Sister Simone Campbell | NETWORK | September 1, 2014One way Obama can address the issue of income inequality is by giving low-wage federal workers the right to organize and bargain for fair working conditions.
- Joshua Holland | August 29, 2014USC's Edward Kleinbard says we deserve a smarter conversation about the role of government in our society.
- Mariya Strauss | Political Research Associates | August 29, 2014"Our role now is to be like a social defibrillator, to shock the heart of the nation, to cause it to revive and to remember what the real enemy is: regressive extremism."
- Dean Paton | YES! Magazine | August 29, 2014Having poor people in the richest country in the world is a choice. We have the money to solve this. But do we have the will?
- August 29, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Julia Gordon and Sarah Edelman | Center for American Progress | August 28, 2014Last week, the bank agreed to a record-setting $16.65 billion settlement for selling toxic mortgage securities during the housing boom. The deal includes $30 million for legal aid, but it's not enough.