Bernie Sanders on Breaking Big Money’s Grip on Elections
Bernie Sanders on Breaking Big Money’s Grip on ElectionsThe only independent member of the US Senate tells Bill big money’s purchase of political power is a grave threat, and shares his plan to put government back in voters' control.
David Simon: America Is a "Horror Show"
David Simon: America Is a "Horror Show"Journalist and creator of the TV series The Wire talks about the crisis of capitalism in America and how it's dividing our country.
Fast-Track: A Gut-Kick to the Progressive Movement
Fast-Track: A Gut-Kick to the Progressive MovementThe administration's push to ram massive new trade and investment deals through Congress is an unambiguous concession to corporate power.
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for Millennials
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for MillennialsCongress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
- Liz Pleasant | YES! Magazine | May 4, 2015Alicia Garza and two friends first tweeted #BlackLivesMatter to spark a conversation after the death of Trayvon Martin. Three years later, their rallying cry has gained significant national attention.
- Ari Berman | The Nation | May 4, 2015In Maryland, a bill awaits the signature of Gov. Larry Hogan that would restore voting rights to nearly 40,000 ex-felons, and would be particularly beneficial to African Americans.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 4, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Eric Alterman | The Nation | May 1, 2015Fairytales about the health of our democracy disguise the corrupting influence of top donors.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 1, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Christian Appy | TomDispatch | April 30, 2015Will the end games in Iraq and Afghanistan follow the Vietnam playbook?
- Sister Simone Campbell | TalkPoverty | April 30, 2015Sister Simone Campbell and an interfaith coalition are working toward a federal budget that will better reflect shared values of fairness and compassion.