Climate Change You Can Believe In
Climate Change You Can Believe InThe signs of a changing climate are all around us. But for some US policymakers, money speaks louder than facts.
Naomi Klein on Capitalism vs. the Climate
Naomi Klein on Capitalism vs. the ClimateIn her new book, Klein argues that the climate crisis represents an opportunity to create a new economic model that advances the greater good.
Who’s Paying the Pro-War Pundits?
Who’s Paying the Pro-War Pundits?Talking heads like former General Jack Keane are all over the news media fanning fears of ISIS. Shouldn’t the public know about their links to Pentagon contractors?
Why We March
Why We MarchMore than 1,000 groups are coordinating the upcoming People's Climate March on Sunday, Sept 21 in Manhattan. But what do they want?
- Joshua Holland | September 18, 2014According to the Census Bureau, the Big Apple is now the most unequal city in the US.
- Mariah Blake | Mother Jones | September 18, 2014On Tuesday, hundreds of citizens turned out for the first public hearing on the controversial social science materials now under review as part of the state’s contentious once-in-a-decade textbook adoption process.
- Emily Atkin | ThinkProgress | September 17, 2014People living close to natural gas wells in southwestern Pennsylvania are more than twice as likely to report respiratory illnesses and skin problems than those living farther away.
- September 17, 2014Ai-jen Poo, head of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, receives a $625,000 award to help expand her movement fighting for nannies, house cleaners and home care attendants.
- September 17, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...