The effort comes as voter registration efforts, both in Texas and around the US have effectively stalled just months before the presidential election.
- June 11, 2020
Advocacy organizations have sued the Trump administration to stop a 16-year-old boy from being summarily sent back to Honduras after he crossed into the U.S. last week to join his father. It’s the first challenge to the Trump administration’s policy of mass expulsions of border-crossers, under which nearly 45,000 migrants — including 2,000 children — have been pushed out of the U.S.
- September 12, 2017The agency says it will still be able to respond to natural disasters, like Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
- September 11, 2017Hurricane Harvey has upended lives and left enormous property damage — and raises deep questions about America’s economic system and politics.
- August 18, 2017Host Lawrence O'Donnell calls our Trump-Russia timeline "the greatest tool that we journalists have."
- June 1, 2017Who is winning in a showdown between local and state regulation?
- April 7, 2017Texas is a case study for other states that are considering anti-choice bills.