After four years locked in legal struggle over the construction of the controversial 1,172 mile-long, Dakota Access Pipeline, the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Sioux tribes won a major victory on Monday when a federal court ordered the pipeline to cease its operations by August 5.
- September 28, 2017From Haiti to Houston, this volunteer corps stands 20,000 strong and is "waiting for the call."
- July 5, 2017On South Dakota’s Pine Ridge Reservation, Nick Tilsen is upending entrenched poverty and rebuilding his Lakota community.
- April 26, 2017Tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET, watch economist and activist Winona LaDuke's live speech at the Seventh Annual Judith Davidson Moyers Women of Spirit Lectures.
- March 16, 2017After protesting in Washington, DC against Donald Trump's pipeline plans last week the Indigenous Environmental Network vows to fight to the end.
- December 19, 2016As banks begin to respond, environmental movements are learning the importance of speaking clearly about the financial risks of fossil fuel investment.