Fossil fuel giant BP announced Monday it will write down nearly $18 billion in existing assets, a move that climate advocates say is more evidence that the industry is undergoing a massive shift that will leave oil and gas reserves less and less valuable as the world pivots to more planet-friendly and financially-viable sources of energy.
- November 10, 2017“Her record is abominable.”
- October 25, 2017Government handouts for coal, oil and gas dwarf those for wind and solar.
- July 19, 2017Attendees will debate bills related to college sexual assault, campus protest, private schools vouchers, renewable energy, the ACA and more.
- May 22, 2017Koch surrogates have been targeting state renewable energy standards for years; with so much clean energy momentum, the question is how much damage Trump’s DOE appointees can do.
- August 13, 2015Major producers continue to pump out record levels of crude and world demand remains essentially flat. Could we, in fact, be witnessing a fundamental shift in the energy industry?
- April 17, 2015Four reasons why the transition from fossil fuels to a green energy era is gaining traction.