It seems that the lines of Trump’s election campaign are solidifying — poll rage, praising the Confederacy and COVID-19 denial.
- June 18, 2014Data brokers are flooding marketers with details about whether you’re pregnant or divorced or trying to lose weight, how rich you are and what kinds of cars you drive.
- December 16, 2013Appeals Court Judge Richard Leon writes that the 1979 precedent that was the backbone of the National Security Agency's surveillance program defense is so antiquated that it no longer applies.
- November 7, 2013Every week, and sometimes every day, there is a new revelation about the shady practices of the NSA. Cartoonist Mark Fiore imagines a training program for American children.
- October 31, 2013With friends like US, who needs enemies? The US "now resembles a rogue superpower to an increasingly resistant and restless world."
- October 23, 2013In a special report, Alternet uncovers the hidden corporate cash behind America’s out-of-control national surveillance state and finds that Democratic leaders are full-fledged players, right along with Republicans.
- September 6, 2013A roundup of the stories the Moyers & Company crew are reading today.