The Democratic National Committee’s platform committee approved a draft of the party’s 2020 agenda this week and committee cochair Denis McDonough promptly described it as the “boldest Democratic platform in American history.” It’s not.
- July 15, 2020
Amid the worst public health crisis in a century and a devastating economic downturn that has thrown tens of millions out of work, more than five million people in the US lost their health insurance in just three months this year, shattering the previous record set during the entire annual period from 2008 to 2009.
- August 22, 2017A new survey finds a majority of physicians now support a single-payer health care system.
- July 25, 2017After living in Great Britain and witnessing firsthand the tremendous benefits of socialized medicine, one American explains why access to affordable care is her American Dream.
- July 13, 2017More than half of all Americans, 53 percent, now want a single-payer system.
- October 28, 2016This Halloween, medical students are refusing to endorse the horrifying for-profit health care system as it exists.
- January 31, 2014While the president outlined important steps forward in his State of the Union, bolder solutions are needed.