Class of 2020, wherever you are, I had planned to address you on this graduation day. But how can I? Yes, I know that former President Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and Tom Hanks all took part in elaborate online graduation ceremonies, offering commentary, advice, and encouragement in our now campus-less world, but I’m a hapless old guy with a flip phone from another age. And, of course, you’re not here on this glorious, sunny graduation day. There’s no verdant campus. No ...
- April 1, 2020The CARES Act. Bill Moyers talks with Neal Barofsky, former TARP investigator general, about how he would safeguard the two trillion dollar government program to rescue an economy crippled from the coronavirus. “There’s going to be scandal…there’s going to be fraud.”
- October 1, 2014There's been scant press coverage of the attorney general’s failure to prosecute fraud.
- September 22, 2014Bankruptcy was designed so people could start over. But these days, the only ones starting over are big corporations, wealthy moguls and Wall Street.
- September 10, 2013Five years after the financial collapse led to the Great Recession, a new report finds CEOs who contributed to the crisis are doing just fine (think lots of mansions).
- April 23, 2010 | Bill Moyers JournalBill talks about the fight to reform our financial system, the FCC and 'net neutrality,' and guests share their vision of where the American Dream is going.