It is time, fellow Americans, to remember the warning of the great journalist Edward R. Murrow: “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.” Let us together become the coalition of generations that closes the gates to the wolves ready to devour our freedoms.
- February 12, 2020Judith Davidson Moyers Women of Spirit Lecture
- February 11, 2020
A Facebook member responded to our recent post Bill Moyers and Steve Harper on Lawyers, Liars and Trump on Trial with a question: Bill Moyers responds: I don’t know what in particular Joseph Campbell would say about our situation today. But I can imagine him lamenting, as he did when we talked some 30 years ago, our failure “to admit within ourselves the carnivorous, lecherous fever that is endemic to human nature.” Malevolent greed was on ...
- December 13, 2017Conservatism has turned itself into a civic religion and columnist Neal Gabler fears the damages wrought in the Trump era will be permanent and lasting.
- October 12, 2017In this fantastic documentary, the celebrated filmmaker takes us inside a critically important institution for our democracy.
- September 27, 2017Thomas Ricks' book is the latest offering history's lessons for our dangerous time.
- September 7, 2017Can our constitution co-exist with extremes of economic inequality?