- Documents Show Right-Wing Plan to Strike Public Unions
The goal: 'Defund and defang' unions to kill progressive political efforts nationwide.
- Infighting Slows ALEC Push For Constitutional Convention
But the group continues to pursue a highly partisan, highly political agenda to rewrite the Constitution adding a fiscal austerity amendment to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Here's What’s on the Agenda at ALEC’s Annual Meeting
Attendees will debate bills related to college sexual assault, campus protest, private schools vouchers, renewable energy, the ACA and more.
- ALEC and Koch Brothers Want to Gerrymander the Senate
The right wing is looking to accomplish through gerrymandering what it can't do at the ballot box.
- Koch Convention to Rewrite Constitution Runs Into Roadblocks
More than 200 organizations signed on to an April letter denouncing an Article V convention at this time. But a faction seeking a much more radical rewrite of the Constitution has made significant gains.
- Koch Brothers Bankroll Move to Rewrite the Constitution
A constitutional convention, something thought impossible not long ago, is looking increasingly likely.
- New Anti-Protesting Legislation: A Deeper Look
It's important not to let the wave of state bills trying to criminalize protests frighten us away from pushing back at every level.
- How the Left’s Long March Back Will Begin in the States
Progressives’ answer to ALEC is helping to build power from the ground up.
- Conservatives Plot Course in State Capitals
Meeting in private, enthused activists promise that the growing Republican dominance in state government will unleash a wave of laws to cut business taxes, restrict unions and expand school privatization.