- June 26, 2020
June 25, 2020 Just before midnight tonight, the Department of Justice filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to invalidate the Affordable Care Act — also known as Obamacare — the health care law that has enabled millions of Americans to get health insurance. In addition to making healthcare affordable, the law prohibits discrimination because of pre-existing conditions and allows young people to stay on their parents’ health insurance policies until they are 26. In 2020, about ...
- June 24, 2020The courthouse door was just slammed shut on workers and retirees whose pension plans get bilked.
- June 19, 2020The Supreme Court blocks the Trump administration's bid to end DACA, Trump attacks Bolton's tell-all book, Biden pulls ahead in the polls.
- April 17, 2020By taking a wrecking ball to independent oversight, Trump has made the presidency into a dictatorship. At this point, writes Robert Edwards, the only recourse we will have left to save our democracy, repair the institutions of government, and restore accountability to the American people, is to vote in November to save "the soul of this nation."
- March 22, 2020Stacking the Courts. Supreme Court watcher and podcaster Dahlia Lithwick tells Bill, “This is happening almost in the dark of night... There is this stealth attack on government agencies and their ability to regulate themselves. It is happening at the U.S. Supreme Court under our noses.”
- February 14, 2020The Judith Davidson Moyers Women of Spirit Lecture