Rick Perlstein has been studying the Republican Party for decades. He has written a four-volume series on the rise of the modern conservative movement: Before the Storm, Nixonland, The Invisible Bridge, and most recently, Reaganland: America’s Right Turn 1976-1980. Perlstein joined Amy Goodman on Democracy Now to comment on President’s acceptance of the nomination.
- August 4, 2020
Lies about tax cuts have determined the course of America’s economy, and the individual fortunes of millions of families including yours, for decades.
- December 11, 2017The increased tempo of the GOP's snatch and grab in recent days suggests that they're feeling a certain desperation.
- December 6, 2017As the special election approaches, Republicans abandon morality for power.
- December 4, 2017They know a backlash is coming, and they’re making the most of their power while they have it.
- November 18, 2017America has become a laboratory to test whether its institutions can weather the present flood of Republican "expertise," writes a former career congressional staff member.
- October 31, 2017In Part 1 of a two-part interview, former Reagan economic adviser Bruce Bartlett says Trump is lying about tax reform: it will benefit the super rich and hurt everyone else.