- Full Show: Going to Jail for JusticeFull Show: Going to Jail for JusticeMoyers & Company
Tim DeChristopher tells why he spent nearly two years in prison in the name of environmental justice, and Gretchen Morgenson discusses how banks are still too big to fail and too big to trust. Continue reading
- Full Show: The Toxic Politics of ScienceFull Show: The Toxic Politics of ScienceMoyers & Company
Bill explores why lead and other toxins continue to threaten America. Also, how money still secretly rules Washington. Continue reading
- Full Show: How People Power Generates ChangeFull Show: How People Power Generates ChangeMoyers & Company
Activists Marshall Ganz, Rachel LaForest and Madeline Janis share how organized people can successfully fight organized money. Continue reading
- Full Show: The Sandy Hook PromiseFull Show: The Sandy Hook PromiseMoyers & Company
Newtown parents and a legendary folk singer lift their voices to end gun violence. Continue reading
- Full Show: On Winner-Take-All PoliticsFull Show: On Winner-Take-All PoliticsMoyers & Company
Bill Moyers explores how America’s vast inequality didn’t just happen, it’s been politically engineered. Continue reading
- Lessons on Democracy from Woody GuthrieLessons on Democracy from Woody Guthrie
Bill looks back at the life and work of folk singer Woody Guthrie, finding many points of relevance given the current state of our democracy. Continue reading
- Moyers & Company Premieres This WeekendMoyers & Company Premieres This Weekend
Bill Moyers returns to television with Moyers & Company. In his first show, Bill explores how Washington made the rich richer at the expense of the middle class. Continue reading
- Iowa Citizens for Community ImprovementIowa Citizens for Community ImprovementBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Meet an Iowa organization fighting to help farmers and other ordinary citizens fight for change. Continue reading
- Author Barry LopezAuthor Barry LopezBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill discusses the human condition with his very last Journal guest, author Barry Lopez.
- Populist Jim HightowerPopulist Jim HightowerBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill and author Jim Hightower discuss how ordinary people can reclaim political power. Continue reading
- Bill Moyers Essay: Plutocracy and Democracy Don’t MixBill Moyers Essay: Plutocracy and Democracy Don’t MixBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill reveals his bias: plutocracy — rule by the rich — and democracy don’t mix. Continue reading
- Bill Moyers Essay: The Cost of WarBill Moyers Essay: The Cost of WarBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill talks about how one mayor is communicating the personal costs of war.
- Simon Johnson and James Kwak on Financial ReformSimon Johnson and James Kwak on Financial ReformBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Is there hope for real financial reform? Bill gets insight and answers from two of the nation’s leading economic experts.
- Louise Erdrich on Drawing Inspiration from Native American HeritageLouise Erdrich on Drawing Inspiration from Native American HeritageBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Writer Louise Erdrich talks with Bill about the impact of her Native American heritage.
- Bill Moyers Essay: On Economic EqualityBill Moyers Essay: On Economic EqualityBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
How much economic progress have we made since Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s assassination?
- Bryan Stevenson and Michelle Alexander on InjusticeBryan Stevenson and Michelle Alexander on InjusticeBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill and two prominent civil rights attorneys talk about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision for economic justice. Continue reading
- Financial Journalist Gretchen MorgensonFinancial Journalist Gretchen MorgensonBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill and financial journalist Gretchen Morgenson look at obstacles facing financial reform.
- NYU President John SextonNYU President John SextonBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill and NYU president John Sexton cover God, baseball, politics, and more. Continue reading
- Remembering Lucille CliftonRemembering Lucille CliftonBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Bill remembers and celebrates the poet Lucille Clifton.
- Olson and Boies on Same-Sex MarriageOlson and Boies on Same-Sex MarriageBill Moyers Journal (2007-2010)
Once adversaries, two of the nation’s premier lawyers — one conservative and one liberal — have teamed up to make the constitutional case for same-sex marriage. Continue reading