EXPLORE Health & Science
- November 9, 2015As the “middle class” hollows out, whites who started life under relatively promising circumstances are finally seeing the floor fall out under them.
- October 21, 2015The state’s move to cut Planned Parenthood off Medicaid funding will further limit poor women’s access to care.
- September 19, 2015At the end of the day, what really matters is the amount of money that the American people spend for health care.
- September 4, 2015This week, Sen. Bernie Sanders took on Big PhRMA, the all-powerful prescription drug company lobby, by demanding an end to the Great American Drug Heist.
- August 28, 2015We are killing ourselves with coal, with chemicals, with carelessness and with greed, writes William Rivers Pitt.
- August 21, 2015Norwegian psychologist Per Espen Stoknes talks about the five psychological barriers that have made it difficult for humans to deal realistically with the climate crisis.
- July 10, 2015There’s a battle brewing between the burgeoning clean-energy future and the dirty energy sources on which this planet has been running since the Industrial Revolution.
- July 8, 2015The Supreme Court’s recent blessing of Obamacare has precipitated a rush among the nation’s biggest health insurers to consolidate into two or three behemoths.
- May 22, 2015Biodiverse, ecological agriculture in the hands of women is a solution not just to the malnutrition crisis, but also the climate crisis.