EXPLORE Democracy & Government
- January 22, 2015The increased role of money in politics is reshaping our political landscape. Here's how.
- January 22, 2015One of the easiest and most effective things Congress could do to fight poverty would be to expand a program that already works very well: Social Security.
- January 21, 2015Five years after Citizens United, legislators are re-introducing a package of bills designed to chip away at the decision and bring back democracy.
- January 21, 2015Despite the buildup, President Obama had little to say about income inequality and nothing about America's poor.
- January 21, 2015 | Updated January 22, 2015Five years after Citizens United, outside spending on elections is totally out of control. Here's an enraging and inspiring rundown of the current state of election spending and some ideas to improve things.
- January 20, 2015Read Money Talks, our weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- January 20, 2015Tonight, Obama must choose to focus on America's struggling middle class or on a global trade agenda that will benefit the few. He cannot do both.
- January 20, 2015Will Obama keep his promise to the people and challenge the Republican-led Congress tonight?