- September 12, 2017Despite clear health and environmental risks, the Department of the Interior has halted a mountaintop coal mining study.
- September 8, 2017The courts may have to do what too many of our elected officials have so far failed to do: acknowledge scientific reality.
- May 18, 2017By targeting specific regional efforts alongside more general environmental justice funding, the Trump administration might have inadvertently given opponents a means to fight back.
- April 24, 2017It seems to be a media rule: If you’re “not a scientist,” pick the wrong one you like as your go-to authority.
- December 16, 2016A new movie about the African-American women mathematicians in the NASA space program adds critical depth and detail to the legend of The Right Stuff.
- December 8, 2015
Despite the denials of naysayers convinced somehow that human-generated climate change does not exist, evidence of global warming, melting icecaps, rising seas, severe weather and ravishing drought mounts on a daily basis. Over the years, Bill Moyers has spoken with scientists, skeptics, evangelists and activists on the reality of a planet plagued by a dangerous and possibly fatal fever that can only be relieved by reducing our consumption of fossil fuels, seeking alternative energies and ...
- December 7, 2015
“The tug of war between reason and faith is the undercurrent of our society in what some see as a fundamentalist era," Bill Moyers has said. “It's an ancient conflict, a long-running argument, but with all the fear, violence, and intolerance that grip our times, we have to come to terms with the fact that it must be reason and faith, not reason versus faith. Otherwise, we would tear our society apart." This is a ...