- September 12, 2017Despite clear health and environmental risks, the Department of the Interior has halted a mountaintop coal mining study.
- February 19, 2016 A study finds widening gaps in longevity between people at the far ends of the economic ladder. That means high earners are reaping more and more of the benefits of Social Security.
- August 26, 2014The anti-fracking movement started with fears about contaminated drinking water, but recent scientific research shows that fracking also exacerbates climate change.
- April 19, 2014The connection has been "confirmed by many different studies by different investigators over different time periods."
- September 18, 2013Here's a roundup of some of the stuff we're reading this morning at Moyers and Company.
- May 8, 2013 | Group Think
The Stone Soup we made outside the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition last month tasted a lot like minestrone with a dash of free speech. Over 300 safe food activists from across America -- including children, parents and retirees, as well as seasoned Occupy Wall Street activists -- came together to prepare and enjoy a 50-gallon vat of GMO-free soup out on the sidewalk. The family-friendly approach to last month's protest is ...