- September 15, 2016"I can think of no matter of 'intense public interest' about which 'the American people deserve the details' than the issue of what precisely happened to the criminal referrals that followed the 2008 crash."
- December 8, 2015
As the saying goes, they (the 1 percent at the top) only call it class warfare when the rest of us (the 99 percent) are fighting back. Since the economic meltdown of 2008’s Great Recession and the Occupy movement of protest and action, the specter of vast, ever-expanding income inequality across the planet has been countered by a growing awareness among the rest of us of the gravity of the problem, its disastrous implications for ...
- November 2, 2015The American ruling class is ensconced in the "Washington Consensus" and deaf to any evidence that challenges its worldview.
- July 21, 2015This week marks the fifth anniversary of Dodd-Frank, the complicated legislation designed to reform Wall Street after the financial crisis. Five years later, the debate still rages.
- July 16, 2015In the roaring 2000s, just as in the Roaring Twenties, America’s big banks used insured deposits to underwrite their gambling in private securities, and then dumped the securities on their customers.
- January 8, 2015 | Updated January 15, 2015The GOP will take advantage of their majority to chip away at restrictions placed on big banks to prevent the risk-taking that led to the 2008 financial crisis.
- October 3, 2014 | Moyers & CompanyA veteran bank regulator lays bare how Washington and Wall Street are joined in a culture of corruption.
- September 5, 2014In this 2004 video clip, Warren recounts a meeting she had with first lady Hillary Clinton in the late 1990s, her positions on bankruptcy legislation at that time, and how everything changed after she became a New York senator.
- August 13, 2014Though it's already behind schedule, banks say they need until 2020 to comply with the Volcker rule.