- April 13, 2017As our institutions bend and buckle and approach the breaking point, the president bombs Syria and is hailed by an obeisant media.
- February 8, 2017
Well, I certainly got that one wrong. Based on news reports, and after two phone calls to check them out, on Tuesday I wrote a column saluting Jake Tapper and CNN for saying, “No!” to Kellyanne Conway when the White House offered her up as a guest for Tapper’s Sunday program. Except for Fox and Breitbart, I said, no news organization had been more useful to Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy than CNN, but now it appeared they were fed up with serving as a springboard for the lies tossed around like grenades by Trump’s propaganda minions — most notably Ms. Conway, the president’s senior adviser who doubles, I pointed out (with apologies to my late Baptist deacon father for the language) as the administration’s official Queen of Bullshit.
- January 31, 2017President Trump's choice to lead the Environmental Protection Agency might put it on the endangered species list.
- September 12, 2016Bill Moyers writes that "we, the people" must fight for the soul and survival of American democracy.
- June 8, 2016Most chemicals used in everything from cleaners to candy bars have never been reviewed by either the EPA or the FDA. This measure won't change that.
- January 22, 2016Appalled at the chaotic GOP presidential race and the ascendancy of Trump and Cruz, those with the gold want to rule.