- April 11, 2016The leaders of Common Cause and the Franciscan Action Network on why faith has led them to protest.
- April 6, 2016Stephen Colbert's campaign finance lawyer thinks Trump, Clinton and Sanders should join forces on getting money out of politics. He's not kidding.
- February 9, 2016
This post first appeared at Mother Jones. Hillary Clinton has received a lot of campaign money from the financial industry over the years, and after she left the State Department she gave several lucrative speeches to Goldman Sachs and other big banks. As Michael Hirsh puts it, this has given her a reputation for being "more than a little cozy" with Wall Street. But is she?
- December 10, 2015The one bipartisan thing on which both Democrats and Republicans agree: at holiday time a little something tucked away in legislation in exchange for campaign largesse is the greatest gift of all.
- June 5, 2015The last best hope to stop Big Money’s rout of American democracy is a former trade group lobbyist who’s reluctant to stretch his spandex superhero suit too thin.
- June 5, 2015It’s clear that the national political will for getting big money out of politics is there.
- March 11, 2015Find out how the National Institute on Money in State Politics organizes and distributes millions of political finance records -- and how you can use that data to track the money in your state.
- February 23, 2015How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- February 22, 2015New bills proposed in four states are seen as a way to limit the influence of money in politics.