John Lewis Marches On
John Lewis Marches OnFifty years ago, Rep. John Lewis looked on as President Johnson signed the Voting Rights Act. In this video, he reflects on how the March on Washington led to key civil rights laws.
"Everyone Should Be Entitled to Medicare"
"Everyone Should Be Entitled to Medicare"In this 2012 essay, Bill recalls his days with LBJ as they prepared to sell Medicare to Congress. This month marks the 50th anniversary of the signing of the bill.
The Problem with Genetically Modified Seeds
The Problem with Genetically Modified SeedsVandana Shiva describes the latest battleground in the war on Planet Earth.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
- Zoë Carpenter | The Nation | June 12, 2015What began as isolated ideological attacks is looking more and more like a wholesale gutting of the state’s public colleges.
- Laura Gottesdiener and Eduardo García | TomDispatch | June 12, 2015Something stinks in the great lakes state.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 12, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Peter Cole | In These Times | June 11, 2015Galesburg, IL residents saw their jobs disappear after the passage of NAFTA. The Trans-Pacific Partnership won't be any different.
- Amanda Terkel and Ryan Grim | The Huffington Post | June 11, 2015There are few people in Congress who criticize big Wall Street banks more than Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) does. And JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon found his match.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 11, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 10, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Michelle Chen | The Nation | June 9, 2015An advocacy food group uncovered violations at every link in the retailer’s “ethical sourcing” system.