Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 22, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we’re reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Peter Dreier | Huffington Post | May 21, 2015The movement toward a living wage is quickly gaining public sympathy and support.
- Simon Johnson and Andrei Levchenko | The Baseline Scenario blog | May 21, 2015The TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 21, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Sam Stein and Michael Calderone | The Huffington Post | May 20, 2015Jeb and other candidates would have you believe that while the invasion was based on faulty intelligence, it had everyone's support. But that's false: 156 members of Congress opposed war authorization.
- May 20, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Robert C. Koehler | Common Dreams | May 19, 2015Instead of dealing with real, complex social issues with compassion and intelligence, our major institutions seem to be fortifying themselves – with ever-increasing futility – against their imagined demons.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign for America's Future | May 19, 2015We the People deserve to see the agreement before Congress essentially preapproves it by voting on fast track.
- Laura Friedenbach | Every Voice | May 19, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…