How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
Why We’re All Becoming Independent Contractors
Why We’re All Becoming Independent ContractorsIt's time for federal agencies like the Labor Department and the IRS to protect workers' rights in the "sharing" economy.
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY State
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY StatePublicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality Wins
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality WinsAs Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- February 12, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Andy Kroll | Mother Jones | February 11, 2015It's big step towards their goal of $899 million over the next two years.
- Lauren McCauley | Common Dreams | February 11, 2015Today's capital punishment and racial injustice are 'direct descendants of lynching.'
- February 11, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Richard Eskow | Campaign for America's Future | February 10, 2015We should be using government resources to meet newer and broader challenges, not downsizing them to ease the tax burdens of the wealthy and corporations.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 10, 2015A weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- Nadia Prupis | Common Dreams | February 10, 2015Sen. Sanders says the wealth gap, high poverty rates and the health care crisis are signs of the growing power of a small billionaire class.
- And now the Obama administration wants to send the tax man after (some of) them.