Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Juan Cole | Informed Comment | June 1, 2015Bernie Sanders, whose views are shared by strong majorities of Americans, is being depicted as the one who is out of step.
- Morning Reads: O'Malley Announcement Hits "Wealthy Special Interests," Dems In Search of Mega-DonorsAdam Smith | Every Voice | June 1, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- J. Mijin Cha | Tikkun | May 29, 2015We have a lot of work to do, but the scale and diversity of the People’s Climate March gives me hope that together, we can build a new world.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 29, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Linda Tirado | TalkPoverty | May 28, 2015We need a strong anti-poverty movement, led by the people who understand what poverty really is, why it happens, and how we could create workable solutions.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 28, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…