Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Dale Ho | ACLU | March 5, 2015Ferguson illustrates how a lack of fair opportunities in the political process both reflects and reinforces broader patterns of discrimination.
- Daniel Schulman | Mother Jones | March 5, 2015Their fight against the Export-Import Bank is part of a much bolder plan.
- Zoë Carpenter | The Nation | March 5, 2015The DoJ's new report traces the pattern of racial bias from traffic stops to arrests to the courtroom and, finally, to a cycle of incarceration and indebtedness.
- BillMoyers.com Staff | March 5, 2015The legal scholar spoke at New York's Union Theological Seminary and encouraged people "to explore the meaning of race and justice at a particularly critical moment in our nation's history."
- Heather C. McGhee | Demos | March 5, 2015The people writing the big campaign checks are overpowering the needs of the majority. There's a solution.
- March 5, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Allan Holmes | Center for Public Integrity | March 4, 2015Cities must wait for the FCC's final ruling and a likely court fight before they'll know if they can expand public Internet service.