The Case for Elizabeth Warren -- She's No Hillary
The Case for Elizabeth Warren -- She's No HillaryJohn R. MacArthur of Harper’s Magazine says he's hoping progressive candidates will run for president, despite being intimidated by the "Clinton fundraising machine."
Citigroup Will Be Broken Up
Citigroup Will Be Broken UpSpeaking at the Senate on Friday evening, Sen. Elizabeth Warren said the mega-bank should be broken "into pieces."
The Widening Black-White Wealth Gap
The Widening Black-White Wealth GapFrom 2010 to 2013, the median wealth of white households increased to $141,900. Meanwhile, the median wealth of black households fell to $11,000 in 2013.
Democrats Bow Down to Wall Street
Democrats Bow Down to Wall StreetJohn R. MacArthur of Harper’s Magazine says that Republicans and Democrats alike are abandoning the republic in pursuit of big bucks.
- December 3, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Rebecca Solnit | TomDispatch | December 2, 2014The new Vegas with its Paris, New York City and other fantasias marks a shift from a rough populist vision to fantasies of aristocracy and elitism.
- Isaiah Thompson | Propublica | December 2, 2014A ProPublica analysis of federal government data adds new details to what’s known about the routes taken by trains carrying crude oil. Local governments are often unaware of the potential dangers they face.
- December 2, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Joshua Holland | December 1, 2014Many American communities are facing an affordable housing crisis, but there are solutions.
- December 1, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Dean Baker | Truthout | November 29, 2014Our economic problems are manageable, but they require some serious thought and collaborative work from Washington and the business community.