Pulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson talks to Bill about what the title character of her new book Lila, says about the state of democracy in America.
- October 3, 2014In a recent trial, a jury in Sacramento was convinced that “executives intended to make fraudulent loans.”
- John Light | October 2, 2014The same voter ID laws and limits on early voting that debuted in 2012 are back.
- Molly Redden | Mother Jones | October 2, 2014After Ferguson, many towns are trying to return military gear supplied by the Defense Department — and finding it impossible.
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | October 2, 2014All that talk of "overtaxed job creators" is curious.
- October 2, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | October 1, 2014For the first time in a century, the top 10 percent of Americans control more than half of all income.
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | October 1, 2014Having a labyrinth of 17 overlapping, paramilitarized, deeply secretive agencies doing versions of the same thing is the definition of counterproductive madness.