How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
The Awesome Life of an American Congressman
The Awesome Life of an American CongressmanAaron Schock's spending habits say everything about how money is raised and squandered in Washington.
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can Tackle
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can TackleRising inequality is no more natural than global warming. And just like climate change, it becomes increasingly self-reinforcing, because economic power begets political power.
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- David Dayen | The American Prospect | February 14, 2015Five million American families lost their homes in a disgrace that will haunt Democrats.
- Lynn Parramore | Institute for New Economic Thinking | February 13, 2015Instead of doing massive stock buybacks, high-tech companies should “think different” about innovation by helping our society confront the major issues of our times, says researcher William Lazonick.
- February 13, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Sarita Gupta | The American Prospect | February 12, 2015When workers' power is diminished and people’s voices are shut out of the workplace, job quality and job standards suffer.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 12, 2015The current “not my child” anti-vax mindset of some parents couldn’t be further from the national effort of coming together to fight diseases in the mid-20th century.
- Wendell Potter | Center for Public Integrity | February 12, 2015Republicans' Patient CARE Act would eliminate parts of the law that protect Americans from insurance companies.