How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
The Awesome Life of an American Congressman
The Awesome Life of an American CongressmanAaron Schock's spending habits say everything about how money is raised and squandered in Washington.
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can Tackle
Inequality Is Still a Big Problem, One We Can TackleRising inequality is no more natural than global warming. And just like climate change, it becomes increasingly self-reinforcing, because economic power begets political power.
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'
Mobilizing the Rich to 'Change the Balance of Power'How the Koch Brothers brought together conservative, deep-pocketed donors to defeat the Democrats and combat “public policies that threaten to destroy America as we know it.”
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | February 17, 2015Over the next two weeks, we’ll be focusing on ideas for making our democracy one that is truly of, by and for the people. It’s a fight we can win.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 17, 2015The best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy. This week: The fundraising potential of Jeb's surname and a proposal for making small campaign donations tax deductible.
- Ian Gordon | Mother Jones | February 17, 2015Even as the journey north has gotten harder, thousands of kids are fleeing Central America for the United States.
- February 17, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Jon Queally | Common Dreams | February 16, 2015Following a pair of reports from the National Academy of Sciences, critics of a techno-fix to global warming are speaking out loudly and clearly.
- February 16, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- David Dayen | The American Prospect | February 14, 2015Five million American families lost their homes in a disgrace that will haunt Democrats.