Why College Isn’t for Everyone
Why College Isn’t for EveryoneIt’s time to give up the idea that every young person has to go to college, and start offering high-school seniors an alternative route into the middle class.
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- David Moberg | In These Times | March 10, 2015“This legislation not only demonizes working people — union and non-union alike — it will hit everyone in the pocketbook with lower wages and an economy that’s thrown out of balance.”
- Mark Karlin | Truthout | March 10, 2015Democracy still exists in the US from a technical standpoint. But in practice, the wealthy and the ruling elite use corporate mass media to embed a specific worldview in voters.
- March 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | March 9, 2015It's a depressing, real-life chicken or the egg riddle: which came first, the tax plan to benefit wealthy donors or the promise of cash from wealthy donors for a tax plan that benefits them?
- Ari Berman | The Nation | March 9, 2015President Obama and hundreds of politicians marched in Selma this weekend. Will the experience convince more members of Congress to support the Voting Rights Amendment Act?
- March 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...