Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog Whistle
Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog WhistleWhy are so few decrying the racial elements in today’s scare tactics?
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow Parties
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow PartiesA roundup of this week's news from our Wild West campaign finance system.
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'A new study shows that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour wouldn't only lift millions out of poverty.
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government Money
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government MoneyWhat justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- Josh Harkinson | Mother Jones | October 7, 2014Back in the '80s, their wealth was the equivalent of a small town. Now it's an entire state.
- Ian Haney López | October 7, 2014Deportations reached another record high last year and seem to be the Democratic response to right-wing dog whistling around Latino immigrants.
- October 7, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Mychal Denzel Smith | The Nation | October 6, 2014Justice, real justice, is not impossible. It’s elusive. It hides from us because our current definition is oriented toward revenge.
- Micro-homes could provide a place for those experiencing homelessness to find stability and, perhaps, to live permanently.
- William K. Black | October 6, 2014The Fed's role as fraud denier was fatal to America's ability to stop the mortgage fraud epidemic.