Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Barbara Myers | TomDispatch | June 3, 2015Anthony Russo is not a household name, but he was the first to document the CIA's use of torture, five decades ago in Vietnam.
- Leo Gerard | United Steelworkers | June 3, 2015Trade agreements claim to protect labor, but when the government fails at enforcement, Americans end up in competition with child laborers, underpaid foreign workers and victims of human trafficking.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 3, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Fania E. Davis and Sarah van Gelder | YES! Magazine | June 2, 2015South Africans surprised everyone by transitioning to a relatively peaceful post-apartheid society. Here’s what Americans can learn.
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | June 2, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Juan Cole | Informed Comment | June 1, 2015Bernie Sanders, whose views are shared by strong majorities of Americans, is being depicted as the one who is out of step.
- Morning Reads: O'Malley Announcement Hits "Wealthy Special Interests," Dems In Search of Mega-DonorsAdam Smith | Every Voice | June 1, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…