Dividing the Spoils
Dividing the SpoilsOn Capitol Hill, it's payback time for the wealthy donors who paid for the big victory.
Obama's Immigration Move About Much More Than Politics
Obama's Immigration Move About Much More Than PoliticsOf the thousands of words written about Obama's order, most have dealt with the politics of the issue, not the humanity behind it.
Why We Are Suing Harvard
Why We Are Suing HarvardA group of students is taking the university to court over its refusal to drop fossil fuel stocks from its investment portfolios.
Wall Street Pension-Raiders Scored Big in 2014 Midterms
Wall Street Pension-Raiders Scored Big in 2014 MidtermsHedge fund managers got a nice return on their political investments.
- Tim McDonnell and James West | Mother Jones | November 12, 2014The surprise agreement aims to double the pace of carbon pollution reduction in the United States.
- November 12, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Rory Fanning | TomDispatch | November 11, 2014An Afghan war vet writes that we use the word hero "because it makes us feel good."
- Lee Fang | Republic Report | November 11, 2014President Barack Obama can issue an executive order today that requires government contractors to disclose their dark money campaign contributions.
- Tim McDonnell | Mother Jones | November 11, 2014By 2016 solar power will be as cheap or cheaper than electricity from the conventional grid in every state except three.
- Michael Winship | November 10, 2014In his strongest statement since the 2008 campaign, Obama speaks out for Net neutrality.
- Jonathan Rapping | TalkPoverty | November 10, 2014There is no greater threat to equal justice than when our public defenders are beaten into submission.