Kmart To Employee: Work on Thanksgiving Day or Get Fired
Kmart To Employee: Work on Thanksgiving Day or Get FiredTwelve retail chains, including Kmart, will be open on Thanksgiving, requiring millions of people to work on the holiday.
Wendell Berry: Poet & Prophet
Wendell Berry: Poet & ProphetIn a rare television interview, environmental legend and writer leaves his Kentucky farm for an inspiring conversation with Bill.
Preview: The Long, Dark Shadows of Plutocracy
Preview: The Long, Dark Shadows of PlutocracyFrom luxury skyscrapers -- taller, more expensive and exclusive than ever before -- the dark shadows of plutocracy are spreading across the commons of democracy.
Dividing the Spoils
Dividing the SpoilsOn Capitol Hill, it's payback time for the wealthy donors who paid for the big victory.
- John Light | November 17, 2014After years of failed attempts, the EPA has worked with states to devise a plan to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, America’s largest estuary.
- Ian Gordon | Mother Jones | November 17, 2014The details of President Barack Obama’s much-rumored, much-debated executive action on immigration have been leaked to the press.
- November 17, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Traci Donnelly | TalkPoverty | November 15, 2014Access to early childhood education, quality child care and after-school programs should be implemented with minimum wage raises.
- Alan Pyke | Think Progress | November 14, 2014The workers are the latest to join the movement to demand a living wage and the right to form a union.
- Karin Kamp | November 14, 2014Former NY gubernatorial candidate Zephyr Teachout explains in two minutes why raising money for campaigns is bad for both politicians and citizens alike.