How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For Change
How to Get Money Out of Politics: Ideas For ChangeEach day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
Why We’re All Becoming Independent Contractors
Why We’re All Becoming Independent ContractorsIt's time for federal agencies like the Labor Department and the IRS to protect workers' rights in the "sharing" economy.
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY State
The Path to Freedom From Corruption Goes Through NY StatePublicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality Wins
“A Red Letter Day” at the FCC – Net Neutrality WinsAs Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- Alicia Bannon | Brennan Center for Justice | February 22, 2015An upcoming Supreme Court decision could allow judges to ask for contributions, putting justice up for sale.
- February 21, 2015Each day over the next week, visit BillMoyers.com to discover ways to fight back against our broken campaign finance system. It’s a fight we can win.
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | February 21, 2015Today's global corporate agreements enhance corporate and financial profits while pushing down wages.
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | February 20, 2015There's no end in sight to mass surveillance, police militarization and our permanent state of war.
- BillMoyers.com Staff | February 20, 2015Here's a brief video guide to understanding the super PACs, dark money groups and shadow parties that are already gearing up for the next campaign season (didn't we just finish one?)
- Ari Berman | The Nation | February 20, 2015On the 50th anniversary of "Bloody Sunday," activists gathered in Marion, Alabama, to honor and commemorate those who died fighting for equality and justice.
- February 20, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...