Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But Trouble
Netanyahu’s “Us or Them” Is Nothing But TroubleNetanyahu has learned some lessons from American politics that are far uglier and more brutish than polling techniques and media training.
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy Easy
Oregon’s Radical Innovation: Make Democracy EasyOregon showed democracy is possible by making voting easy. If they can do it why not the USA?
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 11, 2015Find out how the National Institute on Money in State Politics organizes and distributes millions of political finance records -- and how you can use that data to track the money in your state.
- Andrew Bacevich | TomDispatch | March 11, 2015Historian Andrew Bacevich writes that academics "presuming to instruct the mere mortals who actually run for office are a blight on the republic."
- March 11, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 10, 2015A weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- David Moberg | In These Times | March 10, 2015“This legislation not only demonizes working people — union and non-union alike — it will hit everyone in the pocketbook with lower wages and an economy that’s thrown out of balance.”
- Mark Karlin | Truthout | March 10, 2015Democracy still exists in the US from a technical standpoint. But in practice, the wealthy and the ruling elite use corporate mass media to embed a specific worldview in voters.
- March 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | March 9, 2015It's a depressing, real-life chicken or the egg riddle: which came first, the tax plan to benefit wealthy donors or the promise of cash from wealthy donors for a tax plan that benefits them?
- Ari Berman | The Nation | March 9, 2015President Obama and hundreds of politicians marched in Selma this weekend. Will the experience convince more members of Congress to support the Voting Rights Amendment Act?