Dividing the Spoils
Dividing the SpoilsOn Capitol Hill, it's payback time for the wealthy donors who paid for the big victory.
Obama's Immigration Move About Much More Than Politics
Obama's Immigration Move About Much More Than PoliticsOf the thousands of words written about Obama's order, most have dealt with the politics of the issue, not the humanity behind it.
Why We Are Suing Harvard
Why We Are Suing HarvardA group of students is taking the university to court over its refusal to drop fossil fuel stocks from its investment portfolios.
Wall Street Pension-Raiders Scored Big in 2014 Midterms
Wall Street Pension-Raiders Scored Big in 2014 MidtermsHedge fund managers got a nice return on their political investments.
- Alan Pyke | Think Progress | November 14, 2014The workers are the latest to join the movement to demand a living wage and the right to form a union.
- Karin Kamp | November 14, 2014Former NY gubernatorial candidate Zephyr Teachout explains in two minutes why raising money for campaigns is bad for both politicians and citizens alike.
- November 14, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Susan Crawford | Backchannel Blog | November 13, 2014Obama recognizes that millions of Americans are up in arms about high speed internet access, and getting this issue right might shape his legacy.
- Bill McKibben | November 13, 2014The US and China climate deal might be historic but there's still a lot of work to do to save us from climate catastrophe.
- Inae Oh | Mother Jones | November 13, 2014The immense wealth growth of the top 10th of the top 1 percent is to blame for the rise of income inequality in America.