Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog Whistle
Ebola Fearmongering: The Right's New Dog WhistleWhy are so few decrying the racial elements in today’s scare tactics?
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow Parties
Oligarchs Form Their Own Shadow PartiesA roundup of this week's news from our Wild West campaign finance system.
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'
Low-Wage Employers Are the Real 'Welfare Queens'A new study shows that raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour wouldn't only lift millions out of poverty.
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government Money
Students at Elite Colleges Get Most Government MoneyWhat justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- October 13, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 12, 2014 | Updated October 15, 2014As we approach the midterm election, here's a roundup of some of the the latest legal developments.
- Sarah Lazare | Common Dreams | October 10, 2014The president slams cuts to military spending, which could be a signal of further escalation in the Middle East.
- Joshua Holland | October 10, 2014A noted expert on terrorism explains what's attracting thousands of foreign fighters from the US, Europe and Australia.
- October 10, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | October 9, 2014Amid continual headlines of terror plots, we have been relegated to the role of so many frightened spectators when it comes to our government and its actions.