21 Kids and a Climate Scientist Are Suing to Force Obama to Fight Climate Change
21 Kids and a Climate Scientist Are Suing to Force Obama to Fight Climate ChangeBoth the administration and the fossil-fuel lobby have argued that the case shouldn't be allowed to move forward.
Daesh/ISIS Is Not Israel's Problem -- For Now
Daesh/ISIS Is Not Israel's Problem -- For NowAs nations confront the threat of Daesh/ISIS, Israel still has time to make a brave peace with Palestinians.
Why the US Leaves Deadly Chemicals on the Market
Why the US Leaves Deadly Chemicals on the MarketA six-month investigation finds that the revolving door between government and the chemical industry has led the EPA to rely on easily manipulated research.
Ta-Nehisi Coates on the Lie Americans Need to Overcome
Ta-Nehisi Coates on the Lie Americans Need to OvercomeThe author accepts the National Book Award for "Between the World and Me," and talks about the person who inspired it -- a friend who was mistaken for a criminal and killed by police.
- Morning Reads: A Renewed Fight for $15, Last Night's Debate Takeaways as TV Ads Attack Consumers BureauNovember 11, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- John Light | November 10, 2015Advocates see recent ballot initiative successes as a sign that Americans are ready for change at the state and local level, even as Congress remains deadlocked.
- AJ Vicens | Mother Jones and Center for Public Integrity | November 10, 2015There may be lots of good government laws, but corruption, influence peddling and lack of government accountability are in fact very difficult to prevent across all 50 states.
- November 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Mike Lofgren | November 9, 2015It's not just structural advantages that give the GOP an edge; it's the unsettled, angry mood of the nation.
- Michelle Chen | The Nation | November 9, 2015As the “middle class” hollows out, whites who started life under relatively promising circumstances are finally seeing the floor fall out under them.
- Morning Reads: Wisconsin Campaign Finance Regs Stripped, How Scalia Could Help Labor, Keystone RejectedNovember 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Chuck Spinney | The Blaster | November 8, 2015The Pentagon just won another small skirmish in its long war with Social Security and Medicare. President Obama and Congress are making sure the Pentagon gets what it wants next year.
- John Light | November 7, 2015All the money is making voters feel like they won't get a fair shot in court, and numerous studies show they have reason to be concerned.