The Left Matters – Now, More Than Ever
The Left Matters – Now, More Than EverClearly, the left matters. Why, then, is it so difficult for progressives to get a seat at the table?
Trying to Survive in a Broken Economy
Trying to Survive in a Broken EconomyThey say in America if you work hard you will make it, but this man's story proves that what America needs is to increase the minimum wage.
The Political Roots of Widening Inequality
The Political Roots of Widening InequalityThe key to understanding the rise in inequality isn’t technology or globalization. It’s the power of the moneyed interests to shape the underlying rules of the market.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About Ricardo
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About RicardoThe TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
- Dean Baker | Truthout | May 12, 2015It's obvious that Obama's trade deal is a step towards locking in large trade deficits and high unemployment. So no one should be surprised if working people oppose this deal.
- Tim Karr | Special to Billmoyers.com | May 12, 2015As opposition to Internet.org spreads from continent to continent, local groups point to better ways to get people online.
- Laura Friedenbach | Every Voice | May 12, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- William Greider | The Nation | May 11, 2015If women were in charge of banking regulation, could they save us from the Wall Street cowboys who crashed the global financial system?
- Morning Reads: Woodward on Money in Politics and What If Corporate Lobbyists Are the Only Ones Heard?Adam Smith | Every Voice | May 11, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…
- Morning Reads: Jeb's Juggernaut, Celebrities for Hillary, 'The Onion' Perfectly Describes Super PACsAdam Smith | Every Voice | May 8, 2015A roundup of some of the money and politics stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ…