Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture Clash
Inside the NY Fed: Secret Recordings and a Culture ClashThe Fed is supposed to monitor big banks. But one new hire was so alarmed by what she witnessed she secretly recorded conversations.
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on Voting
Elderly Woman Gets Caught in GOP's War on VotingEighty-seven-year-old Ruthelle Franks speaks out about being disenfranchised by Wisconsin's voter ID law.
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning Less
Smart Chart: You're Working More But Earning LessMiddle-class incomes have been stuck in neutral while the rest of the economy has grown.
Record for Midterm Dark Money Broken
Record for Midterm Dark Money BrokenIt's the most "independent" money spent in any election other than the 2012 presidential race.
- William Greider | The Nation | September 24, 2014The war whoops of the pundit class have helped propel the nation into yet another doomed military adventure in the Middle East, but their tone is changing.
- September 24, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Michael Copps | Common Cause | September 23, 2014Here’s the bottom line: we can’t solve any of the daunting challenges facing our country now without a guaranteed Open Internet.
- David Duhalde | Public Campaign | September 23, 2014The money keeps flowing - not only to politicians but also to efforts aimed at undermining climate science.
- September 23, 2014The new short, narrated by Morgan Freeman, premiered before world leaders on Tuesday at the UN climate change summit. Watch it here, along with an interview with the filmmakers.
- September 23, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | September 22, 2014Bankruptcy was designed so people could start over. But these days, the only ones starting over are big corporations, wealthy moguls and Wall Street.