Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York State
Cuomo Bans Fracking in New York StateBig victory for anti-fracking activists in New York State today as Governor Cuomo announces a permanent ban on fracking in the state.
The Case for Elizabeth Warren -- She's No Hillary
The Case for Elizabeth Warren -- She's No HillaryJohn R. MacArthur of Harper’s Magazine says he's hoping progressive candidates will run for president, despite being intimidated by the "Clinton fundraising machine."
Citigroup Will Be Broken Up
Citigroup Will Be Broken UpSpeaking at the Senate on Friday evening, Sen. Elizabeth Warren said the mega-bank should be broken "into pieces."
The Widening Black-White Wealth Gap
The Widening Black-White Wealth GapFrom 2010 to 2013, the median wealth of white households increased to $141,900. Meanwhile, the median wealth of black households fell to $11,000 in 2013.
- Dave Gilson | Mother Jones | October 3, 2014The median white family holds nearly 20 times more assets than he median black family and 74 times more assets than the median Hispanic family.
- Rebecca Vallas and Melissa Boteach | Talk Poverty | October 3, 2014It is not only possible for America to cut poverty, it is possible for us to cut poverty dramatically.
- October 3, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- October 3, 2014In a recent trial, a jury in Sacramento was convinced that “executives intended to make fraudulent loans.”
- John Light | October 2, 2014The same voter ID laws and limits on early voting that debuted in 2012 are back.
- Molly Redden | Mother Jones | October 2, 2014After Ferguson, many towns are trying to return military gear supplied by the Defense Department — and finding it impossible.