Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for Millennials
Money in Politics Is Darkening the Future for MillennialsCongress ignores the interests of young Americans when it comes to student loans, climate change, workplace equity and gun control.
The Renewable Revolution
The Renewable RevolutionFour reasons why the transition from fossil fuels to a green energy era is gaining traction.
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”
Warren on “the Unfinished Business of Financial Reform”The senator may not be running for president, but, as George Zornick noted this week in The Nation the speech she gave last Wednesday would likely be her agenda if she was.
A Radical Agenda for Hillary Clinton
A Radical Agenda for Hillary ClintonThe US and the world really have entered a new, uncharted era that demands great transformations, not just incremental changes.
- Jim Naureckas | FAIR Blog | January 26, 2015You don't learn too much else about Joni Ernst, picked to rebut the State of the Union address, from media profiles — nor do you get the impression that corporate media think you need to know much.
- Sam Pizzigati | Campaign for America's Future | January 26, 2015The report, which could be the "first draft" of an agenda for Hilary Clinton's presidential campaign, lets Wall Street off the hook.
- January 26, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers | Special to BillMoyers.com | January 25, 2015CIW's Fair Food Program has transformed Florida’s $650 million tomato industry. Now in its fourth season, it is poised to expand to new crops and new states.
- Kevin Prindiville | National Senior Citizens Law Center | January 24, 2015The government health care programs turn 50 this year. One advocate argues that rising health care costs mean that strengthening and improving them is more important than ever.
- Sister Simone Campbell | NETWORK Lobby | January 23, 2015A key factor in addressing poverty is raising the minimum wage. A just wages allow workers and their families to live in dignity.
- Michael Green | The Huffington Post | January 23, 2015'Citizens United' opened a potential floodgate of new chemical health threats backed by unbridled chemical industry spending.
- Karin Kamp | January 23, 2015A new poll shows that we want what we don't have -- paid parental leave and paid sick days.