Trying to Survive in a Broken Economy
Trying to Survive in a Broken EconomyThey say in America if you work hard you will make it, but this man's story proves that what America needs is to increase the minimum wage.
The Political Roots of Widening Inequality
The Political Roots of Widening InequalityThe key to understanding the rise in inequality isn’t technology or globalization. It’s the power of the moneyed interests to shape the underlying rules of the market.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About Ricardo
The Trans-Pacific Partnership: This Is Not About RicardoThe TPP is not only – perhaps not even mostly – about freer trade, and thus who gains and who loses is very much dependent on the exact details of the agreement.
The Jeb Bush Adviser Who Should Scare You
The Jeb Bush Adviser Who Should Scare YouPaul Wolfowitz not only championed the Iraq War — he obsessively promoted a bizarre conspiracy theory.
- Jon Queally | Common Dreams | February 9, 2015Whether the leaks will result in a crackdown on the Swiss banking system remains to be seen.
- Michael Winship | February 9, 2015TV stations end dispute with FCC over public's access to who's writing checks for political ads.
- Miles Rapoport | The Huffington Post | February 9, 2015Nine Republican presidential hopefuls attended the "Freedom Summit" in Iowa last month, but the real important GOP gathering was the Koch's event in Palm Springs.
- February 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Deirdre Fulton | Common Dreams | February 8, 2015They claim they're looking out for "people struggling through stagnant wages." But those are the very people who rely on public transportation most.
- Dave Johnson | Campaign for America's Future | February 7, 2015Instead, the Obama administration is doubling down on the trade policies of its predecessors.
- David Sirota | February 6, 2015Even members of Congress can only view the text of the agreement in a designated room, without their own staff members or experts present.