Why College Isn’t for Everyone
Why College Isn’t for EveryoneIt’s time to give up the idea that every young person has to go to college, and start offering high-school seniors an alternative route into the middle class.
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the US
1 in 13 Black Adults Prohibited From Voting in the USDisenfranchisement of ex-felons can have a measurable impact on election results.
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, Disclosure
State Legislatures Taking Aim at Dark Money, DisclosureLawmakers in nine states have put forth proposals to shed more light on the unknown interests influencing local elections.
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?
Why Is the Gun Lobby So Powerful?About half of all American households owned at least one gun in the 1970s. In 2014, only 31 percent had a firearm.
- January 12, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | January 10, 2015The Senate's Energy and Natural Resources Committee met last Wednesday to mark up the pipeline bill.
- Tom Engelhardt | TomDispatch | January 9, 2015They would think Washington has invented a system so dumb, so extreme and so fundamentalist that changing it will surely prove a stunningly difficult task.
- Emily Atkin | ThinkProgress | January 9, 2015New research has found that fracking in Ohio caused 77 earthquakes over nine days in March, including one strong enough to be felt by humans.
- January 9, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | January 8, 2015Explore The Guardian's interactive visualization of the guiltiest parties.
- Richard Eskow | Campaign for America’s Future | January 8, 2015A wake up call for the left comes as Republicans double down on austerity, taxation and deregulation.