Preview: The Fight - and the Right - to Vote
Preview: The Fight - and the Right - to VoteTwo experts on American elections talk to Bill about the plot to keep citizens away from the ballot box.
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID Decision
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID DecisionWith the Supreme Court's latest ruling, Texans' civil liberties are once again under attack.
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in Democracy
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in DemocracyPulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson talks to Bill about what the title character of her new book Lila, says about the state of democracy in America.
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of Spying
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of SpyingAn interview with Laura Poitras on her latest film, Citizenfour, a journey to the revelation of government mass surveillance and the Snowden era.
- Joshua Holland | August 8, 2014The Republican State Leadership Committee is embroiled in a scandal that's reminiscent of Jack Abramoff's downfall.
- August 8, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Alissa Quart | Economic Hardship Reporting Project | August 7, 2014Forty years after the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, one state may be on the verge of losing its only abortion provider.
- Zoë Carpenter | The Nation | August 7, 2014The release of a long-delayed investigation into the Central Intelligence Agency’s post-9/11 interrogation methods was held up yet again on Tuesday after the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee objected to the amount of information that had been censored by the Obama administration.
- August 7, 2014Following pressure from activists groups and the Obama administration, the drugstore chain has said it will not move overseas.
- Morning Reads: Crisis in Iraq "Could Turn Into a Genocide"; Uninsured Rates Dropping Fastest in Senate Battleground StatesAugust 7, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Joshua Holland | August 7, 2014In addition to slowing growth, stagnant wages leave American households in debt and without much savings.