Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRA
Ambitious New Bill Aims to Restore the VRATwo years ago, the Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act, Senator Patrick Leahy and Congressman John Lewis have a plan to fix that.
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s Past
Confronting the Contradictions of America’s PastBill and Khalil Gibran Muhammad discuss what we should learn from our racial past to better understand the present.
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street Address
Hillary Clinton's Wall Street AddressHer campaign kickoff speech at Roosevelt Island may not have had the symbolism that Hillary Clinton intended.
Thomas Jefferson's Betrayal
Thomas Jefferson's BetrayalIt's important to remember that, behind the July 4th holiday, are human beings who were as flawed as they were inspired.
- Zephyr Teachout | Special to BillMoyers.com | March 1, 2015Publicly financed elections -- and a return to trust busting -- are key to ending political corruption in the United States.
- Katie Rose Quandt | February 28, 2015"If we're going to keep electing judges, we may have to alter our idea of what justice is."
- John Pudner | Take Back Our Republic | February 27, 2015Many conservative reformers aren't worried about the amount of money in politics, but that too few Americans are participating.
- February 27, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Michael Winship | February 27, 2015As Commissioner Wheeler explained, "This is the FCC using every tool in our toolbox to protect innovators and consumers."
- John Washington | Special to BillMoyers.com | February 26, 2015"I’m still regarded as contingent, less-valuable, dispensable," writes a University of Arizona adjunct professor who joined the nationwide action.
- John Light | February 26, 2015The whims of our partisan Congress have repeatedly derailed the world’s attempts to tackle climate change. It could happen again.