Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'
Historical Tirades Against the 'Safety Net'House Republicans were willing to shut down the government over Obamacare. We take a look back at other critics and roadblocks to social programs that are popular today.
The Problem with Genetically Modified Seeds
The Problem with Genetically Modified SeedsVandana Shiva describes the latest battleground in the war on Planet Earth.
The Future of Work in the Uber Economy
The Future of Work in the Uber EconomyIn his new book, Steven Hill writes about the need for a safety net for workers in a multi-employer world -- and the simple way to create one.
Why Liberals Have to Be Radicals
Why Liberals Have to Be RadicalsRobert Kuttner writes in The American Prospect that the reforms needed to restore the country's shared prosperity are to the left of all the candidates, including Sanders.
- Andrew Bacevich | TomDispatch | March 11, 2015Historian Andrew Bacevich writes that academics "presuming to instruct the mere mortals who actually run for office are a blight on the republic."
- March 11, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Katie Rose Quandt | March 10, 2015A weekly roundup of the best reporting on the influence of money on our democracy.
- David Moberg | In These Times | March 10, 2015“This legislation not only demonizes working people — union and non-union alike — it will hit everyone in the pocketbook with lower wages and an economy that’s thrown out of balance.”
- Mark Karlin | Truthout | March 10, 2015Democracy still exists in the US from a technical standpoint. But in practice, the wealthy and the ruling elite use corporate mass media to embed a specific worldview in voters.
- March 10, 2015A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Adam Smith | Every Voice | March 9, 2015It's a depressing, real-life chicken or the egg riddle: which came first, the tax plan to benefit wealthy donors or the promise of cash from wealthy donors for a tax plan that benefits them?
- Ari Berman | The Nation | March 9, 2015President Obama and hundreds of politicians marched in Selma this weekend. Will the experience convince more members of Congress to support the Voting Rights Amendment Act?