Chevron, the FEC and Flouting Pay-To-Play Law
Chevron, the FEC and Flouting Pay-To-Play LawThe FEC has created a loophole a million dollars wide for federal contractors like Chevron to exploit.
Will Lobbyists Kill a Model Environmental Cleanup?
Will Lobbyists Kill a Model Environmental Cleanup?After years of failed attempts, the EPA has worked with states to devise a plan to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, America’s largest estuary.
“Dude Needs a Vacation,” a Net Neutrality Update
“Dude Needs a Vacation,” a Net Neutrality UpdateThe final decision on Net neutrality comes down to one man -- and it's not Barack Obama.
The Washington Post's “Wage Freeze” Brain Freeze
The Washington Post's “Wage Freeze” Brain FreezeIt is a positive thing that the beltway crowd is starting to talk about wages, but we must do more than talk.
- Alan Pyke | Think Progress | November 14, 2014The workers are the latest to join the movement to demand a living wage and the right to form a union.
- Karin Kamp | November 14, 2014Former NY gubernatorial candidate Zephyr Teachout explains in two minutes why raising money for campaigns is bad for both politicians and citizens alike.
- November 14, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Susan Crawford | Backchannel Blog | November 13, 2014Obama recognizes that millions of Americans are up in arms about high speed internet access, and getting this issue right might shape his legacy.
- Bill McKibben | November 13, 2014The US and China climate deal might be historic but there's still a lot of work to do to save us from climate catastrophe.
- Inae Oh | Mother Jones | November 13, 2014The immense wealth growth of the top 10th of the top 1 percent is to blame for the rise of income inequality in America.