The Fight - and the Right - to Vote
The Fight - and the Right - to VoteTwo experts on American elections talk to Bill about the plot to keep citizens away from the ballot box.
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID Decision
SCOTUS Eviscerates the VRA in Texas Voter-ID DecisionWith the Supreme Court's latest ruling, Texans' civil liberties are once again under attack.
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in Democracy
Marilynne Robinson on Keeping Faith in DemocracyPulitzer Prize-winning author Marilynne Robinson talks to Bill about what the title character of her new book Lila, says about the state of democracy in America.
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of Spying
Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of SpyingAn interview with Laura Poitras on her latest film, Citizenfour, a journey to the revelation of government mass surveillance and the Snowden era.
- Mychal Denzel Smith | The Nation | October 17, 2014Why are we letting these serious social problems be handled by the criminal justice system?
- Charina Nadura | October 17, 2014Workers from the big box chain held a protest in New York City and Washington, DC, on Thursday to ask for a "living wage" and consistent full-time work.
- Robert Reich | RobertReich.org | October 17, 2014What justifies so much government spending per student in private elite universities relative to public ones?
- Marian Wang | ProPublica | October 16, 2014Every year millions of public education dollars flow through a North Carolina businessman's chain of nonprofit charters to his for-profit companies.
- Joshua Holland | October 16, 2014An MIT political scientist turns conventional wisdom about warfare on its head.
- October 16, 2014A roundup of some of the stories we're reading at Moyers & Company HQ...
- Patrick Caldwell | Mother Jones | October 15, 2014Republicans have single-party control of 23 states. Arkansas and Iowa could be next.